We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time to salou

scotland
Level Contributor
207 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
1st time to salou

Myself and boyfriend (24/29) are heading to Salou at the end of the month for the first time.

Anything anyone recommends we must do?

We want to go to Barcelona for the day and go to the Nou Camp, heard there is a trip that does this, a few hours in barcelona and a trip to magic fountains?

Also are we best to book trips before we go ie theme park etc?

We are staying in the hotel las vegas anyone any reviews? Is it near the main strip?

Any restaurants or that which are really good and any that sell good proper spanish food?

Thanks

Billingshurst...
Level Contributor
7 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time to salou

Hi There,

Your hotel is located here:

http://g.co/maps/rc3y2

See in the middle there is something called "Jutjat de Pau" your hotel is just to right of this. It's very close to beach and not far from the main restaurants/bars etc and there are a few bars/disco/supermarker right next to the hotel too.

I would say your are about 5-10 mins away from the beach or main nightlife.

There are a lot of touts out even now so be prepared to be pestered a bit to have your hair braided, your boyfriend to buy sunglasses and for you both to eat in every place you pass!

If you like Theme Parks and on live act shows you got to check our PortAventura, it's excellent.

My wife went to Barcelona when she was younger and says that is really good too, but it's pricey, a good Barcelona your will set you back 135-200 euros for 2 adults. PortAventura is 54 Euros per adult for a 2 consecutive day pass, it's massive so 2 days is a good idea, we bought our PortAventura tickets in advance through Thompson for £85.

If you want waterparks the PortAventura park opens 26th May but Aquapolis over in neighbouring La Pineda opens from today.

The tourist bus (vehicle made to look like a little train) takes you all over for 3 Euros per adult, one fee each time you get on, just make sure you check out where each route takes you, the stops for these have different coloured balls to show you which routes stop there, it's a good way to get to PortAventura too, especially for your hotel as it's near the centre, one of our trips back to the hotel had us going all over for an hour so it would have been quicker to walk!

The fountains light up all different colours at 9:15 on Friday and Saturday nights all along the seafront from your hotel end to the harbour, worth a look.

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time to salou

Hi there, plana bus do the most reasonable priced tours to Barcelona they are cheaper than the reps and you get the same tour. I think their price is just under 40e pp. They have a office located in central salou and kiosks around the town where you can purchase tickets. You can buy 3 day tickets for the theme park which includes one day in their waterpark, check out attrationtix or 365 tickets for prices.

scotland
Level Contributor
207 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time to salou

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

I am really looking forward it it, heard the hotel is nice too and im sure there will be plenty for us to do.

Anything you think is a must do?

Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
551 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st time to salou

PortAventura and Barcelona Must do's in my opinion but you are already plannibg on going to Barcelona. PortAventura is cheapest on attraction tickets direct tends to be the cheapest with no credit card fees and has being going a while. The restaurant i recommend is The Guiness Tavern no.1 on trip advisor still getting favourable reviews and caffe di mare served a great paella and nice cocktails there too. This Bus Plana website will give you the prices and other trips to do http://www.busplana.com/en/

Edited: 14 May 2012, 17:54
scotland
Level Contributor
207 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st time to salou

Thanks so much for the advice. I fancy one of the trips with Bus plana too :) so will take a wee look. Is there jet skis in Salou how much are they? We quite fancy that too!!

6. Re: 1st time to salou

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Salou