We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salou??

Dorchester...
2 posts
Save Topic
Salou??

Please help me.....

After much nagging from myself my hubby has finally agreed to a holiday abroad! We have 4 children,,,14,12,7 and 6 years old.

We all want a holiday with something other than a hotel and pool,,which is why I'm looking at Salou. All kids would like a water park (Aquapolis?) and i know they would love Port Aventura (as would I!)

The things Im stuck with are

Sel catering/full board or AI?

Is food reasonably priced there, is there lots of choice around?

Hotel nearer PA or beaches at Salou?

My darling husband seems to think the kids will be bored in the evenings without some entertainment so that would be good too.

Looking forward to any advice and/ or names of hotels in good locations.

Thankyou michelle.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
10,013 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salou??

I have just returned from Salou yesterday.

I always go half board because then your two main meals , breakfast and dinner are taken care of. Full board gives you lunch as well but after a good breakfast I don`t want to have to return to the hotel to have a lunch that I don`t want.

Also the diffference in price between self catering and half board is a lot less than you will spend going out for meals and who wants to stay in and cook?

Salou has a long sandy and clean beach that stretches on to Cambrills and perhaps further.

If you do want to eat out there is lots of choice from little cafes to top quality restaurants . Oh yes there are McDonalds and BurgherKing.

Lots of pubs ---- plenty to do.

Buy a 10 ride re- top upable bus card which will almost half your cost of transport.

Graham

Inverness, United...
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
2,437 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Salou??

You will all have a fab time in Salou and certainly won't get bored.

I have stayed in the Salauris Palace and the Golden Port Salou and would recommend them both. Other hotels that get good reviews from families is the Golden Avenida and the Villamarina.

I always go half board as we like to be out and about during the day and just buy a light lunch out.

UK
Level Contributor
551 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Salou??

I prefer self catering but you don't always get a good deal and therefore it is better going half board while still.eating out. Plenty of choice in Salou. Villamarina All Inclusive is a good price usually but then u feel tied to the hotel after all its not Sharm el Sheikh where there is not much to do/see in the local area. There is plenty to do two water parks, a theme park, boscaventura, go-karting, sightseeing in Tarragona and Barcelona, watersports, shows.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Salou??

Graham how was the weather over salou?

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Salou??

Hi Michelle, we stayed at the Jaime I last year and there were plenty of families. The hotel had the added bonus of a good sized childrens play area, crazy golf and Animacion staff providing entertainment for adults and young people. It also has an indoor pool.

Outdoor pools and bar, cool lounges indoors with a large screen TV in one which mainly showed sport, football and F1.

Its reasonably well placed for the beaches and bus route.

We usually go all inclusive if the deal is right. We don't mind missing lunch but hotel drink prices can be expensive if you want to sit in and watch the evening entertainment.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
10,013 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Salou??

Hi Cheekygirl.

We were there for twelve nights from 14th May to 26th.

The first week the weather was not good , a cold wind and some rain BUT the last few days were lovely. Blue sky, bright sunshine and a temperature of about mid 20s. Just right !!

Hopefully this weather will remain good.

Graham

Rugeley, United...
Level Contributor
444 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Salou??

If you decide to go self catering avoid the Almonsa Playa apartments,they have a night club right underneath and two more clubs opposite,we stayed there a few years back and hardly slept for a fortnight.

Brian

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Salou??

Hi Michelle C.

My family of 4 with two children (10 n 16 yrs) were in Salou from 7th to 14th May 2012 and we had a great time. We were at Onagrup Club Novelty II. The apartment was OK but there was no view. Would recommend Novelty I as it has a lovely view as well as it is situated on Avenida Juame which right on the beach. Cycling and walking tracks abound as well as shopping and lots and lots of eating joints. lots of supermarkets also nearby.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Salou??

red my post family finds to do in Salou.

With Kids I'd Always go for A/I That way then you'll have all your drinks sorted and meals sorted.. you can still go out for the evening some nights..

Look At the Villamarina Club its not central but they have regular bus service from hotel to the beach ect... this is family hotel. with kids club from 11-4 and things for the kids in the evening.

Book PortAventura 3 Day 2 Park Ticket for the parks or other amount you want to do

lowcosttravelextras.com/attraction-tickets…

seam to be the cheapest and print the ticket out and take with you

East Kilbride...
Level Contributor
172 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Salou??

H10 Mediterranean Village is a great base with plenty to do in the hotel and great transport links right outside the hotel.we prefer s/c (have kids 9&5) as the local restaurants are really good value for money.

Edited: 04 June 2012, 00:13
Get answers to your questions about Salou
Recent Conversations