We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

portadventurer hotel

england
Level Contributor
549 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
portadventurer hotel

I am planning to visit in October but says the pools are closed please has this a indoor pool and is there any entertainment in the evenineg and are drinks a reasonable price.

Thank you

Sue

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
219 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: portadventurer hotel

No I don't think it has an indoor pool, you are best to check with the Portaventura website. The Villaromana down the hill from Portaventura has an indoor pool and they're outdoor pool remains open in October too as does the Sol Costa Daurada which is good for the price. Both of these are an easy 10 min walk to Portaventura.

Wales
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: portadventurer hotel

Hotel Portaventura doesn't have an indoor pool but the Caribe does, so you may be able to use that as it's part of the Portaventura Hotels.

Although the pools are closed there is still water in them and I was speaking to someone when I was there this year who had been there once in October and they had used the pools even though there were no lifeguards present.

I would consider the prices of drinks expensive. My OH ordered a double brandy after dinner one evening and was charged €19. The next day he bought a bottle of the same brandy at Michaelangelos supermarket for €18! Even a packet of crisps is €1.50.

It's a lovely hotel though ans we've booked for 2 weeks next year. It'll be our 7th visit there.

Edited: 09 September 2012, 10:51
england
Level Contributor
549 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: portadventurer hotel

Thank you I cant see the hotels advertised so thought they might be closed, have you ever been in October, is there tea/ coffee kettle in the room. I vaguely know Salou as stayed there for a weekend years ago and had a great weak in la Pineda in July and went on the train bus from there and around Salou is the supermarket far from the hotel.

Thanks for your help

Sue f

uk
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: portadventurer hotel

its the la caribe waterpark thats part of the theme park that is closed. aquapolis water park is also closed in october. the salou town is still buzzing with life though.

Wales
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: portadventurer hotel

We take a kettle etc wit us as there aren't any in the rooms. We buy big bottles of water at the supermarket.

Michaelangelo supermarket is in Salou. We usually either walk (20 mins) or get the taxi down and we get a taxi back with our shopping (€6/7)

Edited: 09 September 2012, 17:19
Ireland
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: portadventurer hotel

When we were there at the beginning of last October, some of the pools were closed but at least half were open with lifeguards on duty. It was really hot but the pools were as cold as ever which was very welcomed, most days we had a full side of the pool to ourselves and some days we had a full pool to ourselves!!

There is a fridge in the rooms which is great for keeping drinks and snacks cool.

The entertainment is a mini disco for children and possibly a show at the weekend, you will need to go into Salou if you want entertainment.

Drinks can be expensive but to us Irish its not too bad, I think a bottle of wine with our dinner was around 12/13e.

7. Re: portadventurer hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Salou