We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few questions about shuttle transfers please..

Which Salou hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Wales
Level Contributor
558 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
A few questions about shuttle transfers please..

We are going to Salou Oct 7th, we've been once before but we got a pre-booked taxi then and only found him by chance when I asked someone 'Do you know where I can find this' and showed him my booking I'd printed, he said 'That's me!'

How do you find your shuttle? Are there lots of different ones hanging about outside the airport? Will they have the name of the company you've booked with on them? We are looking at booking with 'Shuttle Direct' anyone used them before? Do they take you right to the hotel door or drop you off at the end of the road? Pick you up at the hotel door? We are staying at the Villamarina, will we be last off? First? Middle?

You'd think we'd never been abroad before wouldn't you? We've been lots of times but always used taxis before. I'm getting a bit meaner as I get older :-) Shuttle direct is quoting 24 Euros return for the two of us, good price? Or do you know somewhere better?

Thanks folks.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
403 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few questions about shuttle transfers please..

I've heard a few stories from people saying Shuttle Direct aren't reliable but I haven't experienced them myself.

I am looking at transfer options too so I'll keep an eye on this post for other replies.

I understand from other posts that the Bus Plana service is generally regarded to be the best option.

Stowmarket, United...
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A few questions about shuttle transfers please..

Plana bus is an easy cheap option from reus or el prat airports. when we fly into reus we usually get a taxi, always loadd outside airport, takes 15 mins to salou and costs 30€. which is expensive, but not so much if four of you.

Cumbria
Level Contributor
25 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few questions about shuttle transfers please..

Hi, we are going next week and travelling with a toddler. After 4-5 hours in the airport and on planes the last thing i wanted was another 40 mins on a bus. I enquired about and a taxi for 5 people and a child seat was coming in at around 70-85 euro's.

I contacted Taxis Reus, http://www.taxisreus.com the actual taxi company, they have a website and got a quote for 62 euro return, paid via paypal, dropped off at the door, we will be at our apartment in no time, where as we would possibly be still loading our pram and cases onto a bus. The price for the bus was around 50 euro's. Its a no brainer if there is enough in your party to get a taxi.

The website lists the hotels in the area, we are staying in a private apartment, but just located the closest hotel to it and then in the details box when ordering i put the proper address of the accomodation.

Hope this helps.

Cumbria
Level Contributor
25 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A few questions about shuttle transfers please..

It would cost you 60 euro's in a taxi from that website. Id get the bus if there is only two of you ! Should be around 20 euro's

5. Re: A few questions about shuttle transfers please..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Salou
Recent Conversations