We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

H10 Salauris Palace or Golden Port Salou & Spa

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
H10 Salauris Palace or Golden Port Salou & Spa

Preparing to book next years holiday, but cant decide between the 2 hotels above ? can anyone recommend either ?

Salauris appears to be the no 1 on tripadvisor but the food seems to not be good at all (and i am travelling with two 60+'s so the food is all part of their holiday) but the pool etc look good at this hotel. The golden port salou gets good reviews for food but apparently the hotel is abit shabby ?

can anyone help. I am travelling with partner, toddler and 2 60+'s, so trying to find something to suit everyone.

thanks in advance

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: H10 Salauris Palace or Golden Port Salou & Spa

My partner is at the salauris palace at the moment and she doesn,t think its that great. We usually stay at the golden avenida next door to the golden port and have been into the port quite a few times, yes it needs refurbished but the food was good and so was the entertainment.

If i was you with a young child i would have a look at the golden avenida available through thomson only. this hotel is great for all ages but especially for children. The rooms are really nice and new and have seperate livingroom/double bedroom and seperate twin or triple room. A flat screen tv in each room with 4 british channels and disney channel and a small kitchen area with fridge micro and kettle perfect for a young family and great for getting to the shops and seafront. 1 room would be big enough for all of yous. Also its a good bit closer to the shops bars and seafront than the salauris.

Wales
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: H10 Salauris Palace or Golden Port Salou & Spa

Also look at the Villa Romana (Not Villa Marina), which is next door to the Saularis Palace.

Inverness, United...
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
2,317 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: H10 Salauris Palace or Golden Port Salou & Spa

I have stayed in both hotels and enjoyed my time in both hotels. The last 2 years we have stayed at the Golden Port and although the rooms are a little dated the hotel is clean, food was good and it was only 10 min walk to the main beach, the rooms also have a small fridge which was free of charge and 3 or 4 English channels on the tv.

I have also stayed in the Salauris Palace which was lovely modern hotel. The rooms are spacious and again have a small fridge in the room but if I recall rightly it was around 2-3 euros per day to hire. Although there is a few negative reviews regarding the food I never had any problems and always found something that I enjoyed but I suppose that's down to personal opinion and as they say you can't please everyone. The Salauris is also in a great location 10 mins to Portaventura and about the same to the beach there is also a train station about 10 mins walk away.

I would have no problems staying in either hotel again.

Inverness, United...
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
2,317 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: H10 Salauris Palace or Golden Port Salou & Spa

I would also add that the hotel entertainment in the Salauris is better that the Golden Port however one thing to bear in mind is that the Salauris have their entertainment outside so if you have a room overlooking the pool the entertainment can be noisy and does go on till nearly midnight. However you could request a room that doesn't have a pool view if you thought this could be a problem.

uk
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: H10 Salauris Palace or Golden Port Salou & Spa

I don't think the h10 hotels are known for their food, more for the nice building. Las Vegas hotel has nice food.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: H10 Salauris Palace or Golden Port Salou & Spa

thanks for replies ... possibly considering the golden avenida now ? any recommendations on this hotel anyone ?

uk
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: H10 Salauris Palace or Golden Port Salou & Spa

i went there the last time. its pleasant. its nothing amazing, but i found the staff nice. of all the hotels ive stayed in salou, this one had a nice feeling to it when i walked in, but thats just my opinion.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: H10 Salauris Palace or Golden Port Salou & Spa

The golden avenida is all british and irish guests so cater for british and irish only and the entertainment is geared towards these guests.

Edited: 01 October 2012, 12:11
edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: H10 Salauris Palace or Golden Port Salou & Spa

Are you booking a package or diy holiday?

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: H10 Salauris Palace or Golden Port Salou & Spa

package ...