We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

port Adventura food in theme park

Which Salou hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
538 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
port Adventura food in theme park

Please can someone tell me if they check your bags pockets ect when you go int the theme park as i would like to take crisps/sweets/fruit in but apparently you are not allowed to take food in. Do the staff take it off you if you have food with you. Going next week for a week so will visit it most days.

Thanks

Suef

Inverness, United...
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
2,021 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: port Adventura food in theme park

I have been to Portaventura probably a dozen times and never been checked or seen the staff checking anyone else for food but have read some people on here saying they have been checked so might just be random.

Blairgowrie, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: port Adventura food in theme park

We were at portaventura on Wednesday and no one checked our bags.

england
Level Contributor
538 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: port Adventura food in theme park

Thank you i will take a chance then and take bits and pieces.Thank you Suef

uk
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: port Adventura food in theme park

I've never had my bag checked to be honest. They can't take it off you, but I suppose they can refuse entry. It's sad if that is so. Just give it a try is all I can say.

Stowmarket, United...
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: port Adventura food in theme park

We always take pack lunch with us, been almost every years since opened. Never had a problem.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: port Adventura food in theme park

I was there last Sunday and Monday and we walked straight in, nobody checked my bag.

Avoid the burger kiosk by Shambalha btw, it's disgusting.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: port Adventura food in theme park

Take bottles of water with you that will save you a few euros or just share drinks you buy that cuts down on the waste.

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: port Adventura food in theme park

As you are staying in the portaventura hotel I think its even less likely that your bags will be checked. We always bring in a couple of drinks and some snacks and never had a problem. If you go into Salou to stock up use one of the side doors nearest your room to enter the hotel as you are not meant to bring food and drink in.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: port Adventura food in theme park

Crazeedaisy

Are you serious about not being 'allowed' to bring food and drink into the room in the hotel? That seems ludicrous! We're staying there next year, I've never heard the likes of that set up before!!

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
134 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: port Adventura food in theme park

Hi guys,

We were there in June and there were staff asking to look in bags as you went through the turnstiles. I saw numerous people being told they were not allowed to bring food in, but drinks were ok, as 'familyof6Uk' said, they didn't take it off people, but they weren't going to let them in with the food!!

Get answers to your questions about Salou