We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salou in April...

Which Salou hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Salou in April...

Hi, am returning to Salou for a week on 7th April with my family. As we've always been in August, I know the temperature is going to be lower but just wondering if you can still sunbathe? Can you still wear shorts etc? ive forgotten what a bit of sun is like lol so struggling. Also, we are planning to visit Portaventura again, will it be warm enough to go the the adjacent water park? Just trying to decide which tickets to buy from attraction tickets. Any advice would be gratefully received!

Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
3,201 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salou in April...

The water parks will not be open. They do not open until mid-May. The weather in April is somewhat unpredictable. If the sun is out then it will be warm enough for sunbathing and shorts.

uk
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Salou in April...

portaventura will be open, but both water parks dont open until the 14th and 18th of may. all i know is the weather will be better than in the uk, so youre still on a winner.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Salou in April...

Saloufest - 23rd - 29th March 1st - 7th April 8th - 14th April, just in case you aren't already aware. I've read on other sites that they intend to have more sports activities and more stewarding than in previous years.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Salou in April...

We went in april,5 months ago,for 8 days,got off the plane at reus airport,was cold and strong winds,got into centre of Salou,was nice and warm,next day it was cloudy and dull,then no joking 5 days of solid rain,non stop,all day and all night,could not believe it,we had tickets to portaventura theme park,we were hiding under a concrete mushroom for the day lol,i don't know if every april is like this,but I'm not exaggerating a full 5 days from morning till night,we were coming back from the them park and the roads were like rivers,were from Ireland,were used to the wet weather,but this was nothing like what we get(and of course yes the weather was great back in Ireland) and the day we were leaving to go back home the sun was splitting off the rocks. 25 degrees in the airport,that was the 1st of may,we arrived on the 22nd of april! Brought the weather with us. Luck of the irish? 5 days of torture lol salou is great tho,and the theme-park! Just not that time of year,to unpredictable.

Edited: 19 September 2013, 06:42
uk
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Salou in April...

Oh dear denny. But as you say, umpredictable. Guess its just a matter of luck of the draw. Hope the OP gets a good one.

6. Re: Salou in April...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2014, 05:18