We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

price of wine

glasgow
Level Contributor
115 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
price of wine

hello

off to salou next sunday (sooo excited!!)

my sister likes to drink wine rather than beers and spirits and she has been asking me how much it would be and I have no idea at all

either by the glass or bottle in the pubs? we are staying in the best los angeles so even just a rough price would be fabby

thanks

leeds
Level Contributor
190 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: price of wine

Ooh id like to know this too we go a week tomorrow can't wait!

Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
3,687 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: price of wine

Wine from the supermarket can be bought for anything from 70 cents to €5. Expect to pay anything from €5 to €10 for a bottle in a bar or €1 to €2.50 for a glass. Try a Kalimotxo.... a Spanish favorite which is red wine & ice topped up with coke. Rarely more than €2.50 this drink is refreshing and you wont tipsy so quick!

uk
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: price of wine

70 cents bottle of wine?.....must taste like feet.

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: price of wine

Martin that sounds yuk, lol, I am always asked if I want ice in my red wine and when I refuse the waiters are relieved, they agree adding ice to wine is a big no no, apparently its obvious I am not English when I refuse;-)

uk
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: price of wine

im going in 9 weeks and im going to buy some 70 cents wine. I just have to. I wont drink it till the last day in case it melts my teeth. Not spoiling my holiday for 70 cents wine.

Edited: 20 June 2013, 21:52
Ireland
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: price of wine

The 70c wine is probably the equivalent to the 7e wine in Ireland!

uk
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: price of wine

lol.......funny . ill let you know in 9 weeks.

Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
3,687 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: price of wine

Fo6/Daisy.... there is a place on the left about half way down Carrer Major towards the old town, it looks like a greengrocers, that sells mountain wine straight out of the barrel. Take your own container and top up with some delicious vino, a lot of it for only a euro a litre or thereabouts. Have a slurp before buying... they will be more than happy to give you a taster! There is no ABV published but I reckon its between 14% and 16%.... hence the need for Coca Cola, lemonade or fizzy water to dilute the stuff.

Lidl do a house vino (white/red/rose) for around 70 cents at 11.5% ABV. Not kidding... it is very gluggable and would put a lot of Tesco/Asda wines costing a fiver or more to shame!

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: price of wine

Sounds great Martin, I am saving this post for future reference. Re the Lidl wine is this in al Lidl or local Spanish, do you have the name to hand please? familyof6 you will have to try it for me!

70c is an unbelievable price but by my calculations most of the lower price supermarket wines in Ireland would only cost that before all the taxes.

Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
3,687 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: price of wine

OK ... the greengrocers on the left is opposite the Michaelangelo that is next to the RACC. Its just below street level and has a sign saying Ibiza Autoservis - don't ask!

The Lidl wine is bottled for Lidl Catalonia by a Tarragona vineyard. It is called Conde Noble Vino de Mesa. Obviously Tinto, Rosada and Blanco.

A friend of mine does vineyard trips to the Monsant hills. These are the hills you can see is the distance when looking away from the sea in Salou. The journey is about 20 to 30 minutes. You get to visit a vineyard and have a few tasters with tapas. You normally meet one of the owners and they explain the wine making process. This is there website:- http://www.ronadelles.com/en/index.php

I recommend Cap de Ruc or donkey wine as we Brits call it. Tastes like nectar but has the kick of a mule!

You then carry onto Siurana (see http://catalonia.ca/siurana/ ) ... an almost magical place at the top of the hills where you can watch mountain climbers all over the place whilst enjoying a drink and/or more tapas.

It takes about half a day for which he only charges 100 euros. His MPV takes up to 7 persons so cost per head is normally around 20 euros or less.

Get answers to your questions about Salou