We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portaventura theme park with my one year old!

Which Salou hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oxton, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
216 reviews
Save Topic
Portaventura theme park with my one year old!

Ok I know theres probably no rides suitable for my one year old but as my ten year old will be off exploring and going wild with his big kid daddy, I just wish to know what exactly am I gonna be upto for hours on end? my 1yr old loves watching the world go by 'are there any pretty areas to take in?' is there a play area? suitable shows? ect.

Cheers :-)

uk
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Portaventura theme park with my one year old!

theres plenty of shows to see at portaventura, though don't know whether your 1 year old will notice...lol. There is a punch and judy type Chinese show that might interest the little one, if its still there. Theres also a kids play area. Theres a bird show which is good, and a Polynesian dance show which is good. Theres a wild west show too. Basically each land has a speciality show or two of its own.

As for your 10 year old, and this is one we were caught out with, be aware that portaventura has some strict high restrictions for many rides, including the kiddie rides, and they are strict with it. a few years ago our youngest was very disappointed because he was literaly millimetres too short for several piddley little rides, but the staff would not allow him on the ride, and they check with height gauges. I would've thought your 10 year old will be ok for most of the rides, but might not be tall enough for the big rides.

Edited: 02 July 2013, 21:27
East Kilbride...
Level Contributor
172 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Portaventura theme park with my one year old!

the park is massive so even just for a wander around it will take a good few hours and the Sesame Street area will no doubt be a good place to spend some time.your 10 year old will probably be able to get on 80% of the rides..

there is a few shaded , seated areas spread throughout the park,we have been visiting since our youngest was 3......and i swear we still havent seen the whole park...enjoy ; )

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Portaventura theme park with my one year old!

I think the sizes are 1.3m and 1.4m for the big rides. You could also take your 1 year old on the train and boat, that takes a while. and the train goes round a loop so you can just stay on for a while and get off when you feel like. There will be quite a few rides on sesamo which you can go on with your 1 year old and places for her/him to clamber about. Take plenty of sun lotion and also hats for the kids.

Oxton, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Portaventura theme park with my one year old!

Thanks Everyone! :-) all paid for now and managed to save £500 going through jet2 I just need to practice my "not afraid to fly" face now haha.

London, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Portaventura theme park with my one year old!

Haha let me know how you manage it as I am flying on the 16th and need to do the same , hate flying

6. Re: Portaventura theme park with my one year old!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Salou