We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone in Salou October

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone in Salou October

Off to salou from 12th - 19th Oct, anyone going out there then?

Hoping most of the clubs / bars will be still open for the last week or so of season?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
673 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone in Salou October

We're looking into a short break at Cye Apartments in October. Shouldn't be too busy then we hope.

Where have you chosen to stay?

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone in Salou October

Decided to go for the H Top Milinos park

Little bit concerned looking at google maps looks like a right trek to the main strip from here though!

Last time I went to salou ended up in the EuroSalou hotel which was excellent!

Hoping some of the clubs and things will still be open!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
673 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone in Salou October

My missus used to be a rep for Airtours in Salou and says most pubs n clubs stay open til end of October, although that was a couple of years back.

Leicester, England...
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone in Salou October

I stopped at the h top before, and yes it is in the sticks, really wouldn't advise walking back from the main part after a few drinks and it's all up hill

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone in Salou October

I've stayed at the Molinos Park. I wouldn't advise walking back from main Salou to the Molinos Park when you've had a few scoops, it's a hell of a trek and mostly up hill. Get a taxi.

There are a few pubs around where you are staying, Mickey's Bar down the hill was great, we spent many a night there, cheap drinks and good atmosphere. We were there until 13th October last year and Cap Salou was shutting down for the season and only a select few bars where still open.

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone in Salou October

damn it, really should look on the map before booking !! :( Still, seems a nice hotel and busses seem really cheap anyway so should be OK!

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone in Salou October

Thanks for your replies all, I hope some stuff is still open! Really tried to go in september but couldn't get the time off, October 12th was the earliest I could fly out :(

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
10,002 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone in Salou October

I have been to Salou a couple of times in october and both times the weather has been pretty good .

Most , not all but most , bars and places were open.

You won`t go short of beer.

I believe the waterpark will be closed but Portadvetura will be open.

Graham

Leicester, England...
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone in Salou October

The hotels ok!! If you aren't travelling with little ones try the roof top bar if its open, it's got jacuzzi's and no kids are allowed, I know when I was there after about 11 at night the reps booked you a taxi to another bar and the taxi was free ( but can't remember the name :0/ ) but there's a good Irish bar and a few other pubs open till early hours

Leicester, England...
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone in Salou October

We are going from the 18th till the 24th, taking the little ones tho, we staying at sanguli, but if you can do try portaventura, it's excellent, we went in April and can't wait to go in October, they go all out for Halloween it looks excellent

Get answers to your questions about Salou
Recent Conversations