We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is there alot of pickpockets in salou

Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Topic
is there alot of pickpockets in salou

Hi everyone just another question was just wondering is there alot of pickpockets in salou heard there is going to buy a over ur shoulder bag be on safe side x

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is there alot of pickpockets in salou

Nope never heard of any pickpockets. There is in the major city's so if you are planning on going to Barcelona I would be on my guard.

uk
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is there alot of pickpockets in salou

Ive never personally heard anything in the 9 years ive been going. ....ever.

Suppose its like asking are there any pick pockets in great Yarmouth? Who knows.

If the thought bothers you though just dont use a shoulder bag.

it can get quite busy and congested in certain sections.

Inverness, United...
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is there alot of pickpockets in salou

Agree with HMFC, I've been to Salou many times and I have never witnessed or heard of anyone who has been a victim of pickpockets.

Barcelona has a big problem with pickpockets but dont be put of visiting by that. As long as you are sensible with your belongings and alert.

I always carry a bag over my body rather than just hanging on my shoulder when I'm on holiday just as a precaution.

Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: is there alot of pickpockets in salou

Thanks for replying sorry meant be getting a over ur body bag lol just rumours hear them everywhere

uk
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is there alot of pickpockets in salou

Lol....well dont listen to rumours, all they do is cause unnecessary worry. Me and hmfcno1 know salou well, and its never been known for such problems.,genuinely. Ive just come back and all was good and peaceful.

Wales
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is there alot of pickpockets in salou

I've been going to Salou for 18 years and have heard of a few incidents, but it's not a huge problem.

Like anywhere else, be careful with your things.

Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: is there alot of pickpockets in salou

Ok thank u for replying will always keep our things safe yeah thats true any place can have pickpockets

Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
3,461 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is there alot of pickpockets in salou

The only real problem is on the beach. People take far too much cash/valuables with them and then leave them unattended when going into the sea. Too easy for opportunistic thieves, who I am sorry to say maybe tourists themselves.

Edited: 27 August 2013, 17:21
edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: is there alot of pickpockets in salou

I think your biggest chance of being affected by crime, is if you leave valuables in your room. I am not saying that maids are a problem but if you leave a fortnights worth of spending money in your room, then don't expect it to be there when you get back. Always rent a safe and put all cash, passports and items of value in it. As martin says opportunistic crime is your biggest chance of being affected.

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,406 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: is there alot of pickpockets in salou

agree with comments above, having just been to Salou & Barcelona

I'd also mention the following

whilst Salou does not appear to have pickpocketing as a problem, its not to say it won't happen to you, don't may yourself a target, keeps your valuables safely and secure

if you go to Barcelona, now this city like a number of other "major" citys does a have a problem, again I'd say do your homework, read the sticky on the Barcelona forum, (its common sense what it states) again don't make yourself a target, keep your valuables safe and secure, you'd be surprised how many people walk around with handbags wide open with valuables/passports on show