We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

end of october in salou

Which Salou hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
kildare
1 post
Save Topic
end of october in salou

hey

Am planning a family holiday to salou for school mid term, any ideas how the place would be around that time or would everywhere be shutting down? also weather wise does it still tend to be warm that time of year?

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: end of october in salou

Although the resort will be starting to close mid to late October there is still plenty to keep people occupied. The weather is unpredictable at that time of year but warm sunny weather is still possible. Have a look at hotel reviews to see what people have said about the resort and weather in previous years.

uk
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: end of october in salou

Its still relatively lively. Everything pretty much shuts down early november. Waterparks will be shut, but theres still plenty to do. The shops are more open to some seriously haggling as they try and clear as much stock as possible.

Ive had glorious weather in october, but like hmfcno1 says it is the unpredictable season. Nevertheless..the last time we went in late october we was sunning ourselves on the beach right up to november 7th.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: end of october in salou

we have booked school hols 27th for a week weather at the minute looking good fingers crossed

Birmingham
Level Contributor
770 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: end of october in salou

The weather is looking very good, hope it doesn't change it's mind!

accuweather.com/en/…

Kildare, Ireland
Level Contributor
192 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: end of october in salou

Me too jockey , so far so good !

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: end of october in salou

Have you been salou before this is my 1st time on mainland spain since I was 10, where abouts are you staying.

Kildare, Ireland
Level Contributor
192 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: end of october in salou

We are staying at the Calypso Hotel , ive been 4 times before , great place for a break !

fort william...
Level Contributor
47 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: end of october in salou

hi,we're booked into the calypso from 22nd oct,-a,small but very important question!! are there tea making facilities in the rooms? thanks

Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
3,266 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: end of october in salou

There wasn't last time I stayed there 3 years ago. I'd take a cheap £4 value kettle with you from Tesco... just leave it there after your stay. When you check in ask reception if you can have a room in Calypso One above reception facing the pool. Its much nicer than Calypso Two also know as the Thomson Block.

Also check the Salou weather out here. Accuweather and other weather channels/websites are in'accu'rate!

meteo.cat/servmet/…tarragones.html

Edited: 10 October 2013, 03:49
fort william...
Level Contributor
47 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: end of october in salou

thats fine,ill do that .theres fewer and fewer hotels providing facilities in the rooms now...not much good for a tea jenny like myself!! thanks for your prompt reply,not overly bothered by the weather-though itll give an idea what to pack-itll be warmer than home,thats for sure!!