We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

T10 Plana Bus - 10xTickets for Bus Travel

Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
3,582 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
T10 Plana Bus - 10xTickets for Bus Travel

Until further notice the very popular Plana T10 ticket (10 journeys on any bus to anywhere in Cambrils/Salou/Pineda for around 12 euros) will be invalid between 21st June and 11th September. Single ticket journey price will be 2 Euros. Shorter journeys for a family of 3 or 4 will probably be cheaper in taxi so vote with your wallet and tell Plana they have made a big mistake!

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: T10 Plana Bus - 10xTickets for Bus Travel

Its just another reason not to travel during high season.

Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
3,582 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: T10 Plana Bus - 10xTickets for Bus Travel

Fully agree HMFC but if anything its getting harder for families to have their holidays outside of the main high season 6 week school break. Natasha and Stewart Sutherland were initially fined £320 for breaking the rules on taking their three children out of school for a foreign holiday. The penalty is now over £1,000 and could rise even further. Common sense somewhere should be applied.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: T10 Plana Bus - 10xTickets for Bus Travel

A lot of people only get there holidays in the summer, especially the trades. I was one of them until about 15 years ago and we just couldn't afford a holiday in July. I now get 6 weeks holiday that I can take any time. so why would I pay double for the same hotel/holiday. Obviously its down to demand but even if they split the school holidays the holiday company's would follow suit and hike the prices to match. Hotels are as bad if not worse, increasing upgrade prices and bar prices during peek seasons.

uk
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: T10 Plana Bus - 10xTickets for Bus Travel

Well. Guess theyre out to make a bit more cash. Soon holidaying with your famy abroad will be only for the elite.

Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
3,582 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: T10 Plana Bus - 10xTickets for Bus Travel

After a suspected barrage of local pressure the T10 ticket has been reinstated for the Summer months.

Inverness, United...
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: T10 Plana Bus - 10xTickets for Bus Travel

Thats fantastic - the T10 is great value for money.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
823 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: T10 Plana Bus - 10xTickets for Bus Travel

That's very good news.

Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
3,582 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: T10 Plana Bus - 10xTickets for Bus Travel

Very good news. I think the Generalitat soon became aware that their decision would probably affect the locals and workers just as much as the tourists. I just wonder what alternative plan they are now working on to try and raise the revenue lost on the T10 withdrawal.

Tarragona, Spain
Level Contributor
379 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: T10 Plana Bus - 10xTickets for Bus Travel

The decision to suspend the T10 ticket during the peak summer months (and the subsequent decision to change the original decision) was of course a political decision and, contrary to the implication in the OP, not in any way down to the operators BusPlana who merely provide the services on the ground in accordance with what the politicians, who raise the taxes to provide the subsidies behind this whole issue, dictate.

This topic does of course inevitably slide into the realms of politics which this website "doesn't do."

How much subsidy should local taxpayers give to local who want to use public transport? Should outsiders from other cities, provinces, countries be given identical subsidies to locals?

Obviously the original decision was based at least in part on a supposition that the main beneficiaries of the subsidy during the peak season would be people who had not contributed directly to the subsidy involved.

I would merely suggest that the answers to these two apparently simple questions are "anything but simple."

Edited: 05 March 2014, 15:13
10. Re: T10 Plana Bus - 10xTickets for Bus Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 07:23