We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

porta ventura first timers help !

manchester
Level Contributor
256 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
porta ventura first timers help !

hello

planning on taking the extended family on a long weekend/4 night break here.

iam reading the best airport is reus, some searches come up as reus(Barcelona) and it has confused me! I don't want the long transfer from barca to salou as we will have a couple of 2 year olds traveling so any help to clear this up would be appreciated.

we obviously want to spend a couple of days at the park but would also like to chill out for a couple of days so is best place to stay salou as it all seems close the theme park and enough to do for kids here?

again any tips would be great

wanting to do this on a budget if that helps any replies

thanks in advance

dianne

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,622 posts
1,875 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: porta ventura first timers help !

The link will help regarding the hotel. Some low cost carriers insert the word Barcelona to make out you are landing near Barcelona when its some miles away.

barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/faq/airport/i…

Salou is an excellent place to stay and I have stayed there several times with my young kids for a week at a time. There is a good promenade, a nice stretch of beach. Plenty of hotels with good pools and kids clubs.

You can just take a bus and go to Porteventura, get a 3 days for the price of 2 tickets and you can also visit the attached water park.

Inverness, United...
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: porta ventura first timers help !

Barcelona El Prat is the airport in Barcelona.

Reus - sometimes displayed as Reus Barcelona is the closest about 20 mins from Salou.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: porta ventura first timers help !

You can fly Ryanair or jet2 to reus Barcelona and also Ryanair, jet2, and easy jet to Barcelona el prat. Depending on your flight times you could stay at 1 of the portaventura hotels for 1 night and 3 nights in a salou hotel. This would give you 2 full days in the park with no travelling to and from and also you get 30% off the water park.

manchester
Level Contributor
256 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: porta ventura first timers help !

thank you for all your replies

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: porta ventura first timers help !

Hi there, there's lots for everyone to do in salou. Reus is a 10/15 min drive from salou itself. Re your budget, it usually works out cheaper to buy your tickets before you go. There is a big Mercadona supermarket in old salou that is much cheaper than the smaller shops so you can stock up on snacks and drinks there or do a big shop if self catering. If your using the bus to get around, buy the T10 bus pass, it costs around €13 and entitles you to 10 single bus trips around the area, you can share it between a group and top it up for around €10 for ten more trips.

There's a couple of stickies at the top of the page that have good info on getting from the airports and how to make your spending money stretch.

manchester
Level Contributor
256 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: porta ventura first timers help !

thanks

Alva, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: porta ventura first timers help !

Hi , Reus airport as people have mentioned is only 25 minutes max away from Salou . We were there from the 14th May last year for a week .We went self catering and stayed at the excellent Alvaro apartments .I think this would be an ideal place for you to stay .The main bus stop is right outside the hotel and the local Plana bus booking office is 30 metres along from you . We walked to Portaventura themepark and it only took us half an hour and that was us taking our time .As people have said make sure you buy the T10 bus ticket , you will find it works out a lot cheaper .There is also a small motorised train that stops directly outside this hotel and goes directly to the themepark your kids would love it .Also the House of illusion show is family friendly and very good value .We had 3 of our kids with us so I know you will totally love Salou .Hope this helps .

8. Re: porta ventura first timers help !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Salou