We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryan Air return flight

Birmingham
Level Contributor
840 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Ryan Air return flight

This may seem a daft question but here goes. I was just wondering as we have booked DIY can I access the Ryanair website from Salou? I will have hopefully printed off everything I need, boarding pass etc... it was more to check that they had not changed the flight time. And also as we have to make our own way to the airport, flight is at 22.30 hours, what time should we leave for the airport? I was given an email for taxi, not emailed yet but when I do can book the return with them. Many thanks.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,742 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryan Air return flight

Yes.

Just go into an internet café / shop or use your computer if you have one with you and go onto the Ryanair website.

Last year while I was in Salou I wanted to extend my stay so I went on to the Ryanair site and bought a new flight.

Worked like clockwork --- no problems.

Graham

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryan Air return flight

You can access the Ryanair website and your e mails anywhere on the planet but you will need to print your boarding passes before you leave for your return flight. Obviously you could wait but its easier doing it at home when you are printing your outbound journey boarding passes. We usually leave for the airport 2 hours before, it only takes 15 minutes in a taxi.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
840 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryan Air return flight

Many thanks, I shall have smartphone, son's tablet with us and will print off boarding pass before we go on holiday, printing off the boarding passes were my biggest fear before booking DIY, silly I know.

uk
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryan Air return flight

Yeah thomson have started using print off boarding passes. I printed off two copies of each to be extra safe...lol. paranoid me.

Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
3,719 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryan Air return flight

Has anyone flown Ryanair in the last month? Seats are now allocated when you check in so no queue's at the gate .... theoretically! On my first allocated flight today so I'll report back any fun and games. You can pay £5 or £10 (premier seat) for an exact seat of your choice or leave it up to the system when you check in. I am pleased to say that even though our flight seems to be full myself and friend were allocated seats together. Other than paid for seats the allocation seems to move from front to the rear on a first come, first served basis. Once you have been allocated a seat(s) you cannot go back if you don't like them or even pay for a move. Whats done is done!

I welcome it with one reservation.... nice to have a reserved seat but knowing Ryanair flights I can see my luggage ending up elsewhere unless I queue up once again to be one of the first on the plane. I thought I had perfected my timing in joining the queue but it could be back to the drawing board!

Edited: 19 March 2014, 00:37
Birmingham
Level Contributor
840 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryan Air return flight

Familyof6, not sure if I can print of 2,if I can.... lol

Martin let us know how you get on, the seats don't worry me too much, as long as we are near either aisle to aisle or better but as it's just a short flight it's bearable, flew once with them on a put together package and it was fine.

Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
3,719 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryan Air return flight

Been on four flights now with allocated seats. Its better but not perfect. Some travellers are ignoring the allocation and please themselves causing aisle blockages. I think in the end it will be sorted BUT..... there is a catch. Ryanair have just changed their T&C's on boarding pass print outs. Here they are:-

From the 8th April 2014 onwards, the opening times for online check-in will be extended to between 30 days and 2 hours before each flight.

Please note:

Advance online check-in - (30 days to 8 days before each flight) is only available to customers who select to purchase an allocated seat.

General Allocated Seats - Customers who don’t wish to pay for a Premium or Regular allocated seat can check-in online between 7 days to 2 hours prior to each flight and will be allocated a seat free of charge.

If you choose to select & purchase an allocated seat there are 2 types of allocated seats available:

Premium Seats - Rows 1-5 (rapid exit), Rows 16 & 17 (extra leg room) and Rows 32 & 33 (rapid exit). Available from £/€ 10 (including Priority Boarding)

Regular Seats - Rows 6-15 & 18-31 available from £/€5. These seats can be upgraded to include Priority Boarding for a small supplement from £/€2.

You may notice that if you want to avoid a seat allocation charge and your holiday is longer than 7 days then your return boarding pass cannot be printed until you are away. If you are in Salou I am sure you will be able to find a place to print them out. I know a few hotels who do it BUT at a charge.

I thought Ryanair had been too nice of late..... allocated seats, a 'free' second small bit of hand luggage and lots of smiles at the departure gate! I reckon families will not want to be split up on the plane so they will probably pay the extra allocated seat charge, so Ryanair's clever little policy may pay dividends!

Birmingham
Level Contributor
840 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ryan Air return flight

I have seen this abt the 7 day rule before you can print off the return boarding pass, see there is another thread on where to print one while in Salou...... not happy with that just in case something goes wrong, so may end up paying for allocated seats on return journey home. £10 for the two of us.

9. Re: Ryan Air return flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Salou