We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from2 transfer

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
from2 transfer

anyone have used this service from the barcelona airport to get to salou? if, yes, how is it overall?

78 replies to this topic
Widnes, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from2 transfer

i have just used from2 yesterday and got stranded through no fault of my own! it was them who got the flights mixed up and left us to make our own way to the airport! not a pleasant experience when you havent done it before.someone there told me resort hoppa is the best firm to use so if i were you i would use them. hope this helps x

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from2 transfer

Use plana bus the local bus company www.busplana.com

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
3 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: from2 transfer

We used From2 for transportation from airport to hotel. Made us wait a long time so the shuttle was full. One couple from Australia waited 2 hours! I wouldn't use From2 again. Take the bus or get a cab.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: from2 transfer

we used Costabravataxi - a german transfer company. When we arrived in Barcelona the cabdriver was waiting for us. Good prices, good service - we recommend them.

J K
England
Level Contributor
17 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: from2 transfer

I used From2 recently for a return transfer between Barcelona airport and Lloret de Mar. I was really disappointed to be honest. The journey took 3 hours each way (the distance between BCN airport and Lloret is only about 80km), as we stopped in various resorts "on the way".

Stopping elsewhere is quite common, and I'm used to it. But the problem was that on both legs, there was absolutely zero communication from the drivers in terms of where we were going along the way, how long it would all take, etc (the outbound and inbound routes were quite different). Nothing - not a single word.

On the trip from the airport to the resort, we had to wait approx 90 mins after landing before we departed. And the driver was really unhelpful, apparently he "didn't know" how long it'd be before we departed.

I wouldn't use From2 again. The price was reasonable though, considering the distance we travelled (which must have been a couple of hundred km each way). Problem is, we neither needed nor wanted to travel so far, for so long :(

ohio
Level Contributor
2 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: from2 transfer

avoid FROM2 at all cost! there were a group of 40 of us. We had 4 transfers with them - airport to hotel, hotel to cruise port, cruise port to hotel and hotel to airport.

the first leg of the trip was the worst! THEY WERE 30 MINUTES LATE! the majority of the group were elderly. and to top it off, the from2 rep, Pilar, was extremely rude. When we do get to the bus, the bus driver said to load our own luggage! and to hurry because he was late. unbelievable!

the other services where ok, but they will still late on the pickup from the cruise port to the hotel.

the rate was good, but i guess you do get what you pay for. i don't know how they do with a individuals, or a very small van service, but if you have a large group - please select another company!

Newcastle upon...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: from2 transfer

Would definitely NOT use From2 for transfers from my own experience. Took 3 hours to transfer from Barcelona to Santa Susanna. This consisted of a 45 minute wait at Terminal 2 then bus went to Terminal 1 for further pick ups.

The driver spoke no English so you have no idea of what is going on. It was as though he assumed you knew when you were at your hotel as at times he only shouted out the name if no one moved to get off. But then we realised that we had not been dropped off at our hotel as the bus was now heading for Blanes. When questioned the driver became irate and clashed down his clipboard and was obviously cursing in Spanish. He turned back but did not take us right up to our hotel, he didn't even indicate which hotel was ours.

The return transfer was no better. We did get picked up close to our hotel, only FIVE AND A HALF HOURS before our flight departure! This was in the morning so we had no time for breakfast but was made worse by the fact that the bus driver stopped his engine at a pickup in Calella and disappeared for half and hour. We joked that he had gone off for his breakfast.... he probably had. Got to airport 4 hours before departure.

Booked From2 through On the Beach. I have never experienced such bad service with other transfer companies. In future I would make my own travel arrangements and that will not be through From2.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: from2 transfer

I'm in Cambrils resort at the minute and used resorthoppa room get here from Barcelona airport, service good. Upon arrival we waited 40 minutes to be taken to the coach. There about 8 families of on our coach, all got dropped off at their different hotels in Salou before we got dropped of at resort. Our journey lasted 2 hours but those dropped in Salou was less. Cost us £85 return for 3 us using a 15% code from their website. Would definitely recommend resorthoppa.

lincs
Level Contributor
5 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: from2 transfer

used this company in majorca,waited three hours for a second driver,so he could be dropped off,drove away from my drop off, 3 and a half hours for a 5km trip.

last year flew into bcn, should have been 1 and a half hour trip, 3 hours waiting for anothe plane,both these trips cost me my evening meal and i have gone out of my way to avoid them this time,but it appears they lump all the pick up together and from 2 seem to take everyone,any delay this time and i'm taking a taxi,and losing my bus cost.

even if you don't book with from 2 it may well be that they take you

Barcelona, Spain
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: from2 transfer

Next time use www.federicovasco.com

Reply to: from2 transfer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted