We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calypso or Villamarina Club? (and a thank you!)

Wellingborough...
Level Contributor
73 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Calypso or Villamarina Club? (and a thank you!)

Hi Everyone,

Firstly, I want to say a huge thank you to everyone in here, especially the destination experts. You're really fab, I've posted so many questions in here over the past few months & everyone gives great, helpful answers. I've not been abroad before & have learned so much from here!

ANYWAY, after a lot of choosing I think I'm down to either the Calypso or Villamarina for our honeymoon - if you were going as 2 adults on your honeymoon, which would you choose? I really want to go All Inclusive, and want to be close to the beach if possible, however more than happy to hop on a quick bus to get to it, as long as it's regular.

Thank you everyone, I'm almost sure this will be my last question!

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calypso or Villamarina Club? (and a thank you!)

Closest to the beach is the calypso and its in the centre of salou. The villamarina is quite far from the beach but is a good 3 star AI hotel. If it was me choosing I would go for the calypso only because of its better location. If you were not wanting to go all inclusive I would say one of the following the h10 salou princess, the las Vegas, h10 delfin park,

Wellingborough...
Level Contributor
73 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Calypso or Villamarina Club? (and a thank you!)

See this is why I'm totally torn - we definitely want All Inclusive & I love the look of the rooftop terrace at Villamarina, but then it's so far from town & I'm not keen on that. Calypso is almost £200 cheaper & a great location - I'm just worried about quality of food & cleanliness for that price.

huddersfield
Level Contributor
64 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calypso or Villamarina Club? (and a thank you!)

the food in the calypso is great and the main block not the thomson one is spotless and if its £200 cheaper then its a no-brainer .....ohh when we stayed there they had some very good shows on

Wellingborough...
Level Contributor
73 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Calypso or Villamarina Club? (and a thank you!)

Thank you - I will email them now! I've heard about the two blocks 1 & 2, which one is the one I should ask for? I guess even if the food is pants for a £200 saving we can afford to eat out a bit!

huddersfield
Level Contributor
64 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Calypso or Villamarina Club? (and a thank you!)

ask for the main block as the rooms are huge and very clean

Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
3,731 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Calypso or Villamarina Club? (and a thank you!)

Calypso also for me. Ask for a room in the main block above reception, 3rd or 4th floor, facing the pool.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Calypso or Villamarina Club? (and a thank you!)

Just booked the calypso for 9 days AI for 530 per room which compared to other hotels is a bargain. Just wondering what lager is available on AI.

Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
3,731 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Calypso or Villamarina Club? (and a thank you!)

Its San Miguel in the Calypso .... but I know both both San Miguel and Estrella Damn breweries do special beers for AI hotels. Not 100% certain but I think its a weaker beer.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Calypso or Villamarina Club? (and a thank you!)

Cheers for that martin. San Miguel is my choice so I'm happy. Can't stand that cruzcampo, I usually stock up on bottles from the supermarket and fill the fridge. But AI was too good a price so thought why not. Hope the food is okay at the calypso that is my only other concern.

Wellingborough...
Level Contributor
73 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Calypso or Villamarina Club? (and a thank you!)

Been trying to email the hotel all day & the language barrier is causing a real issue - I'm trying to find out if I can request a room in a certain block & higher floor and my response was 'what you see is what we've got' - fantastic!!

Does anyone know if cocktails are included in the AI?

Get answers to your questions about Salou