We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which park to visit. portaventura or aquopolis?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Which park to visit. portaventura or aquopolis?

hi we're staying near salou. we have a tall 4 yr old (112cm). which park would be better for her. also is portaventura worth doing both parks with a 4 yr old.

what are the prices?

any advice greatly appreciated

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,516 posts
1,863 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which park to visit. portaventura or aquopolis?

I first went to Porteventura when my daughter was 4 years old. Obviously she could not go on the bigger rides but they have enough ride for kids especially now they have the Sesame Street section.

Get the 3 for 2 parks tickets and you can go to the waterpark as well.

attraction-tickets-direct.co.uk/port-aventur…

Inverness, United...
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which park to visit. portaventura or aquopolis?

I started taking my son to Portaventura when he was 4.5 years old. We find plenty to keep us busy for the 3 days that we go between the shows and the rides that he could go on. The Portaventura website gives an idea of height restrictions for the park.

Inverness, United...
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which park to visit. portaventura or aquopolis?

Also the Portaventura waterpark is generally favoured on here for younger children.

Limavady, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which park to visit. portaventura or aquopolis?

We were at Aquopolis yesterday and slide wise it is definitely for the older child, I would say they would need to be about 10 to have the cajones to go on all the slides, depending on the child of course :)

That said, Kamikaze, which is the big slide was out of action on Saturday past and they didn't seem to be too rushed in sorting it as nobody was near it all day.

uk
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which park to visit. portaventura or aquopolis?

For a 4yr old either would be fine id say.

London, United...
Level Contributor
255 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which park to visit. portaventura or aquopolis?

Just going to ask the same question ,but I have two teenage boys , the prices are roughly the same and also I'm not great with water ( big baby really :) ) so if there was any where I could just sunbathe would be good .thanks

uk
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which park to visit. portaventura or aquopolis?

Aquopolis will be better suited for teens. Plus its fairly large and theres plenty of room to lounge about. You can hire sunbeds for around 5 to 7e, I cant remember the price, or theres plenty of grassy bits to sit on. Generally the consensus is that Aquopolis has more rides suited to teens and adults.

London, United...
Level Contributor
255 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which park to visit. portaventura or aquopolis?

Thank you , do you know how to use the VIP area there ,would be perfect for me lol

9. Re: Which park to visit. portaventura or aquopolis?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Salou