We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone in hotel cairbe recently

Which Salou hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
100 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
anyone in hotel cairbe recently

Hi,

we are going to hotel cairbe for 4 nights at end of july (2 adults, 2 children); I was just looking at recent reviews for the cairbe and a lot of complaints re: Cleanliness of bed sheets, rooms, bathrooms.

we are considering asking out travel agent to change hotel, just wondering if anyone stayed there recently and wondering how the hotel deals with complaints.

many thanks in advance,

r.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone in hotel cairbe recently

If your room is not clean enough on arrival, complain. They will sort it. If you are not happy with your room ask for a move. I doubt that you will be in your room long enough to worry about it, but obviously the cleaning issue is something you have to complain about. If you don't complain how can the hotel rectify it. I know that a lot of people are put off going to reception because of long queues at reception in high season. I haven't stayed at caribe for 4 years now but the gold river hotel was spotless when we stayed there last and no dirty sheets. The maids work very hard and clean rooms to a good standard.

Level Contributor
153 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone in hotel cairbe recently

We stayed there last year and had no issues what so ever. The rooms were clean as we're the sheets and the bathroom was spotless. Granted the maids don't exactly go to town on the floors but when your staying somewhere with a man made beach the sand is going to get everywhere. Honestly don't worry it's a beautiful hotel we loved it. Tho I will say there's not a lot for young ones on a night but the centre is literally 10-15 mins away. One piece of advice there is a courtesy bus a few times a day to take you direct to the beach front. Not well advertised unless you speak Russian but there's a brief timetable on the little podium at the front entrance. Have a great time

Ireland
Level Contributor
100 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone in hotel cairbe recently

thank you for taking the time to reply - appreciate it.

r.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anyone in hotel cairbe recently

which hotel is best plz on site for a 6&15 year old? any advise plz

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,306 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: anyone in hotel cairbe recently

I loved the Caribe, I wouldn't hesitate in staying there again. It was clean and tranquil. Although if I hear another UB40 song EVER I'll go mental.

Edited: 05 September 2014, 21:00
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: anyone in hotel cairbe recently

Is it the better one for kids would u say - is this one with the beach on site ??

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,306 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: anyone in hotel cairbe recently

Yes one of the pools has an artificial beach, great for the kids.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: anyone in hotel cairbe recently

Is it the sand bottom one - think I read this on one of them - what's the kids club - entertainment like ??

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,306 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: anyone in hotel cairbe recently

Yes, it has sand at the bottom it slopes down gently into the water.

I don't have kids but did notice face painting and heard a kids disco every evening. No daytime entertainment but you have the parks for that.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: anyone in hotel cairbe recently

Yes very true just wondered which is best for kids overall out of the 4