We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disabled acess at portaventura

Manchester...
Level Contributor
78 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Disabled acess at portaventura

In alton towers people with disabilities get a red band and can go with a helper to a different entrance to avoid the ques , does any one know if portaventura. Do anything like this?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disabled acess at portaventura

See here:- http://www.portaventura.co.uk/disabilities

Manchester...
Level Contributor
78 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disabled acess at portaventura

Thank u

Kendal
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Disabled acess at portaventura

Hi,

I visited last year with 4 adults with learning difficulties and limited mobility and we only had to queue for very few rides. For the most part we just entered via the ride exit, we didn't have any bands as such but 2 of the individuals I took have Down's syndrome so it's is easy for people to visually recognise this. The staff at portadventura we're excellent with all the individuals and very understanding of their needs, allowing myself to queue jump with them so we could all ride together.

Hope this helps.

Manchester...
Level Contributor
78 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disabled acess at portaventura

Thank u for your reply, that's the problem I have as my sons got autism and to look at him you really wouldn't know there was anything up, he is statemented which is what I show at uk theme parks

Wales
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disabled acess at portaventura

My son is autistic. He loves PA. If you go to guest services just inside the entrance of the park they will issue you with an exit pass so that you can go into the exit or fastpass entrance to each ride. It really helps us with our son.

Manchester...
Level Contributor
78 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disabled acess at portaventura

Thank u for your reply , did you need to take any proof , ?

Wales
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disabled acess at portaventura

I took his DLA letter and child disability index card issued by our local council. They looked at those once or twice but then I just showed them the previous exit pass and they issued a new one.

You have to get a new pass for each day you go. It's a slip of paper with your details and date on.

Manchester...
Level Contributor
78 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disabled acess at portaventura

Thank you for that

9. Re: Disabled acess at portaventura

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Salou
Recent Conversations