We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cye apartments. Concerns

Which Salou hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
153 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Cye apartments. Concerns

Hi I've just seen a review from someone staying at the Cye aparthotel saying they are new charging 10€ per room per night for a pool view room. This is a completely new thing and as we have already paid a lot for our hols 2 rooms do you think there's anything we can do about this. Thing is the hotel has more pool than road facing rooms so it'll be Sod's law that we end up being forced to pay. Just doesn't seem right

Wales
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cye apartments. Concerns

A lot of hotels charge extra for a pool or seaview room and it's often an option when you book. I don't think that you can do anything other than wait to see what rooms you are allocated and then decide if you want to pay for a pool view if necessary.

You might be lucky and get a pool view anyway. Good luck.

Level Contributor
153 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cye apartments. Concerns

I've spoken to the holiday company and they no nothing about it. Not going to let it spoil our holiday I just think it's unfair that the hotel can just take it upon themselves to change things like this. As if it's not expensive enough

uk
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cye apartments. Concerns

Yeah a lot of hotels have been charging for pool views for a while these days. Doesnt mean you wont get one, and you can still ask for one. Its just that if you want to guarantee one you'll have to pay. Other than that its pot luck I suppose. I always request a pool view; sometimes I get oneand sometimes I dont. But like you say, dont let it spoil anything.

Level Contributor
153 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cye apartments. Concerns

It's not so much that we want one. We don't really mind a road view room it's more the fact they've just introduced it and if we don't want to pay the extra we may have no choice as there's more pool rooms that road views and as we arrive quite late we may have no choice but to pay the 140e

uk
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cye apartments. Concerns

Yeah it is a bit of low ball that one. Well I hope you get a pool view.

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cye apartments. Concerns

I don't think they can force you to pay, if you are unwilling to pay the €10 and are quite happy to have a road view room then it isn't your problem if they only have pool view rooms left, I think it will be optional and you might be lucky and get the po view anyway without the charge, I think the charge will only be if you want to guarantee a pool view, which as you've said doesn't bother you, I wouldn't pay, sound quite sneaky on the hotels part, trying to trick people into paying when chances are most will have to be given a pool view anyway.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
207 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cye apartments. Concerns

They can't charge you for something you don't ask for. I have never paid extra for pool views but quite often get one cos not many other people are willing to pay for one either.

Level Contributor
153 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cye apartments. Concerns

Exactly my point Owen I don't really care I do get a pool view it's more the point they've introduced this mid season in my opinion to screw more money out of people. Shouldn't be allowed

ayrshire
Level Contributor
334 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cye apartments. Concerns

Having stayed at these apartments I certainly wouldn't pay for the pool view!The buses stop at all hours dropping off for the hotel across the road from the pool.I would just take whatever room I got allocated. I'd return to these apartments if we ever went back to Salou. Excellent location!

Level Contributor
153 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cye apartments. Concerns

Yeah Andy like u said in not fussed. We picked this hotel for it's central location so we knew the risks of noise. We were at the Caribe last year. Lovely and quiet but a bit out of the way. Glad to hear you'd stay there again tho. Thanks

Get answers to your questions about Salou