We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Almonsa Playa apartments

Dumbarton, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Almonsa Playa apartments

Hi there, has anyone been to these apartments that could offer some advice ?

I booked through alpharooms and it didnt mention anything about city tax or a room deposit, but from other websites I can see that some people have been charged up to 500 euro deposit for the room if they were in a group of under 30s!!

Would we be classed as a 'group' of under 30s? My husband and I (28 and 23) My niece and nephew (15 and 17) and our cousin (29) will be joining us halfway through the holiday.

I would be really upset if we were to be charged all that money as we are using this as a family holiday, we also dont have a spare 500 euro to put by for a deposit.

so does anyone have any ideas about this

Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
3,731 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Almonsa Playa apartments

With regards to the deposit I would phone them direct on +34 977 353 546. They speak English.

There will be a small local tax of a few euros per person to pay on arrival.

Rugeley, United...
Level Contributor
437 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Almonsa Playa apartments

If you enjoy a good night's sleep,forget it,these apartments are right above a nightclub which plays loud music

until 6 in the morning,we had to get p*****d up just to get some sleep,when you put your head on the pillow it was boom boom boom.We were really glad to get home after such a dreadful fortnight.

If your the young partying type,then this probably won't affect you,but you have been warned.Good luck.

Brian

huddersfield
Level Contributor
64 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Almonsa Playa apartments

e-mail them and ask for a family room any block apart from a or e we did not hear the nightclub once we stayed in b 91 the room tax is 3.50 per adult over 16

Paisley, Scotland...
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Almonsa Playa apartments

thanks a lot :) i didnt even think of emailing them - duh!!

Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
3,731 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Almonsa Playa apartments

Don't hold your breath getting an answer from an email. They are low on priority and you might not get a reply even if you can find their proper email address. Phone them - they speak English.

Also there is not a one off price for tourist tax. It depends on the star rating of the hotel and how long you stay. See link below for exact details:-

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g562814-i9698-k7…

huddersfield
Level Contributor
64 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Almonsa Playa apartments

i got an e-mail back from them in about 2 days,they do try their best and we were not asked for a deposit which seems to be the norm in salou,though 500 euro is unheard of its normally 100 and you can give in sterling and get back when you leave

Dumbarton, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Almonsa Playa apartments

thanks all, i have emailed them so ill be patient and wait for a reply

that sounds reasonable, 100 euros should be fine :)

Paisley, Scotland...
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Almonsa Playa apartments

Just thought I'd say in case anyone else was wondering, I received an email back saying that no deposit was required only the .50euro per person per night tax :)

huddersfield
Level Contributor
64 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Almonsa Playa apartments

see thats good...and they do try to give you a room away from the nightclub(if you ask)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Almonsa Playa apartments

Hi Sn0weh,

I can see that you've e-mailed the hotel directly with your query. If you'd like us to contact them on your behalf then please send a message via My Account and we'll be more than happy to do this for you. Alternatively you can e-mail alfie@alpharooms.com with your itinerary reference number and I'll forward your request on to our Customer Service team.

As per our Agency Terms of Business, bookings made with us don't include deposits requested on arrival or local taxes. We will however always be more than happy to contact the hotel on your behalf with any questions you might have.

I hope this helps :)

Best wishes,

alpharooms.com

Get answers to your questions about Salou