We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Santa Ponsa expensive???

Which Santa Ponsa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
1 post
Save Topic
Is Santa Ponsa expensive???

Hi

I am thinking of going to Santa Ponsa in September this year, I havent been for a good few years and was wondering if it is expensive these days to eat and drink etc.

Hope someone can help

cheers

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Santa Ponsa expensive???

There are plenty of places that do menu of the day and the food is top notch, xaloc being my favourite. But if you have a wander round you will notice quite a few also doing the same. It's generally a three course meal plus a drink for between 10 - 12 euros.

And there are deals to be had if you check out the different bars and there are plenty to choose from. :-)

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,537 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Santa Ponsa expensive???

I thnk it's about the same as everywhere else. You can pay as much as you want for things, there are cheap deals, and there are more expensive ones, you just have to sho around a bit. Hope you're coming when the fiesta is on, it's well worth seeing. But if you are, be warned that the outside bar they set up IS expensive, but the measures are huge, so I think it evens itself out.

Uk Lancashire
Level Contributor
391 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Santa Ponsa expensive???

i agree with britchick thats a good resturant and so is masion del mar in the day, drubks can work our the same as the uk you can find bargains if you look 2 pints san miguele 5 euro but i stuggle with pints. shorts 4 to 6 euro but mesures are about threbles to the uk u only need a few, stick to local spirts and beer.

scotland
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Santa Ponsa expensive???

all spain expensive book all inclusive that help you with your spending..

food and drink all paid for ..

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Santa Ponsa expensive???

Sorry to disagree - Spain is NOT expensive - many prices cheaper than last year.

All Inclusive just makes prices higher as so many local bars closing due to people drinking in situ at hotels.

IMO, All Inclusive is the worst thing that ever happened to the island.

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Santa Ponsa expensive???

Perhaps because I have never tried All Inclusive, I should not comment, but, I have read enough reviews for me to make certain that we steer clear, I wish I could remember the posts that I read but the complaints were that A/I clients were not allowed to use the general bar and had to go down a corridor to a sort of hatch effort. Furthermore, the drinks were quite inferior quality and served in plastic glasses. I also read that in another place, the "free" drinks were only up to a certain time, generally these were available up to when the evening entertainment started. I know it is not fair to judge all places the same so maybe someone can correct my views and perhaps give reports on where there are decent All-in establishments.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,537 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Santa Ponsa expensive???

well how can I resist this one?

I regularly go to Club Santa Ponsa, all inclusive. I do believe this hotel is the exception to the norm, as the food is excellent with something for everyone except the chicken nuggets and chips brigade (although there are chips sometimes in the restaurant). Good choices at breakfast with lots of fresh fruit, cooked breakfast, not always English style bacon and sausages though, but loads of other choices available, yogurt, cold meat and cheeses, and lots of different sorts of bread and pastries.

Lunch has salads, soup, always one fish choice, usually pork and chicken, but sometimes rabbit or veal, pasta, veggies, and a good desert selection, evening meal more of the same.

Drinks free at meals, and from 10am till midnight (I think it might be 11pm in winter) served in plastic cups till about 8pm, then in glasses. A good choice of the local equivalents to the brands we are used to, and cocktails included.

Ice cream available all day, help yourself from the fridge, and snacks from about 12-4 (burger and chips or hot dog and chips) help yourself in the bar.Cake available from about 4-6pm.

If you are going out for the day you can order a picnic, coupe of sandwiches and some fruit and water. Personally I dont care for the sandwiches as I amnot keen onthe bread they use, but hubby eats them, and it's worth getting the picnic for the water and fruit to keep you hydrated.

The best thing though, is it's very reasonably priced, so I never feel like I paid for it, so I have to use it. We go out and eat lunch or dinner, buy drinks, and spend some evenings inthe square buying drinks, or when we go in September attend the various events of the fiesta eating and drinking as we go.

I might just have been very lucky, but I have never come across the attitude there that seems to prevail in a lot of AI hotels,eat and drink as much as you can as you have paid for it, and I have never seen anyone walking out the hotel with glasses of drinks, but that may have something to do with the location

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
10,876 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Santa Ponsa expensive???

I have been to quite a few A1's in the past all on similar lines described by Annabelle where everyone is A1. The problem comes when guests are on the different tariffs. Usually one party will be unhappy.

A1 hotels are usually big and have to mass cater and as such, food can be put out very early and some end up looking the worse for wear. One is never going to get that top quality piece of steak one dreams of and the drinks are never going to be the leading brands but you can still have a pina cola mixed for you. The food is probably not the meal you would personally pick if you had the choice in a restaurant and I have often ended up eating a salad not fancying anything else.

The Entertainment is usually dire

That‘s my experience of using these places.

IMO it will never beat eating out and ordering what you want. Britchick has said you may get a three course meal with a drink for 12 Euros, but in truth a glass of wine will not last all night and a bottle between two or beers will cost a lot more unless you buy your drinks in the Supermarket and take them back to your room. Personally I think you would be struggling to enjoy yourselves on 12 Euros a night

Edited: 31 May 2010, 09:58
Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
492 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Santa Ponsa expensive???

hi ptmck,my wife and i went to santa ponsa 2 years ago.we enjoyed the holiday but did find it a little more expensive than tenerife which is where we visited last year.we eat out every night and found santa ponsa both more expensive and less choice of restaurants than los christianos.i would say if you are only visiting for a week you would be fine,but we found that on a 2 week holiday we went to a couple of nearby resorts (which is no bad thing)for a bit more choice.hope this helps,garry.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Santa Ponsa expensive???

delboy, i didn't say you could go out for the evening on 12 euros, i was just saying you could eat for that and getting a drink thrown in is a bonus in my book .

It also depends on how much you drink, my friend for instance does make the one drink last for the whole meal, whereas I on the other hand enjoy a few glasses ! So it depends on yourself, it's as cheap or as expensive as you make it .

Get answers to your questions about Santa Ponsa