We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

santa ponsa weekend break may

Which Santa Ponsa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
santa ponsa weekend break may

hello we are couple of freinds who get to have weekend away each year , been to Benidorm, magaluff , Palma nova in the past thinking ofgoing santa this year .Were not party heads anymore but do love agood night out ,any good for us,ps also looking a club santa ponsa to stay , reviews sound great , anyone been ? thanks.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,554 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: santa ponsa weekend break may

You should find plenty to do in Santa Ponsa, lots of different types of bars from the noisy Irish type to quiet family type places. Depending when you are looking at in May the square may have opened with different triute bands every night. As you know, if you fancy a night out in Magalluf you are only a short taxi tide away.

The beach is lovely with parakeets living wild in the pine trees. There are boat trips,. good bus links to other places and the usual array of shops to look at.

I stay at Club Santa Ponsa twice a year, so am very familiar with it. If you're looking for an all action place to stay, then this is not it! It is a family type accommodation, with lots of young families and mature couples. The entertainment in the hotel isn't up to much for adults I'm afraid, with the usual quizzes, mimed shows and bingo.

The accommodation is first class. i would spend a bit more (not very much as it goes) and book an apartment rather than a studio. This gives you a seperate bedroom and living area, as well as the bathroom. The living area has a sofa bed which is perfectly comfy for sleeping on. The apartments all have good views, ask for one with not too many steps otherwise you may spend al your holiday climbing stairs! Lots of apartments have huge balconies with their own sunbeds, but all of them have at least a balcony with table and chairs.

There are two pools, the main one is part covered and heated part of the year, but I think the covers come off in May. I go in the pool comfortably in April, so you should be ok. The food is good, but is European, so no chicken nuggets and chips here, but a good selection of fish, pork, chicken and rabbit, along with veg, pasta, chips and salad. Breakfasts are good, but again, no British bacon or sausages, but lots of other choices.

The drinks in the bar are full strength and plentiful, with a coffee machine if you want that and a freezer fullk of ice cream tubs to help yourself.

The staff are friendly and helpful and most have been there years, which I always feel is a good sign.

Club Santa Ponsa is at the top of a hill, and it is about a 20 minute walk into town, but there is a courtesy bus every hour during the day (except Sunday) if you don't feel like walking.

If you need any more information, please just ask

2. Re: santa ponsa weekend break may

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2011, 06:31
Get answers to your questions about Santa Ponsa