We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Santa Ponsa - Location

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
262 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Club Santa Ponsa - Location

I've seen a few reviews talking about Club Santa Ponsa being at the top of a steep hill. Can anybody give me an idea of how steep the hill is? Also, how far is it from the main square? I've had a look on maps but I'd appreciate an opinion on how walkable it is.

cheers

Steve

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,558 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Santa Ponsa - Location

The hill is indeed very steep, but not a mountain! My husband has a dodgy hip and I have asthma and we can walk up if we fancy it, although truth to tell we usually don't as we jump in a taxi for 4 euros, or wait for the free bus back during the day.

Not sure what you mean by the main square? It's about 20 minutes walk down to the beach and the main shopping area, but only about 5 minutes walk to the square where the entertainment is on a night.

The thing is, it's a bit out of the way, but not too much so. Enough that the only noise you will hear is from people in the same hotel, and as it is a family hotel you don't generally get much of that, but still close enough to be able to go out and enjoy the fun.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Santa Ponsa - Location

We are going on Monday , if you go out of the hotel and turn left , it's a meandering road to the main rd, watch the corner for cars turning, there is a bunch of shops on the rd down towards the left toward the main town on the left into the square is a super mercado and various shops and bars plenty of restaurants too, if you leave the hotel and go right, head along to the steps, steep but what a view, my wife and I got up these at least twice cos its a calorie burner!!!!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Santa Ponsa - Location

We are here now, it's very busy indeed, the restaurant is busy but it's open longer , the selection of food is limited IMO , and not much selection for breakfast , at dinner last night the queue was out the door , even with seats outside, however it's sunny and warm and will leave a trip report later ....

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
262 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Santa Ponsa - Location

Thanks both - think I'm going to book :)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Club Santa Ponsa - Location

Sitting outside the bar area , blue skies, little brew e 20 degrees..... How sweet it is.....

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
262 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Club Santa Ponsa - Location

As our man on the spot ;) How expensive are things other than the hotel? What's the going rate for a pint of Estrella or San Miguel for example?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Club Santa Ponsa - Location

Last night in the Kensington arms, bottle San Miguel 2.20 euros, large bottle most bars we passed yesterday it the main square we're 2-3 euros some hole in the wall bars 1-1.50

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Club Santa Ponsa - Location

Last night in the Kensington arms, bottle San Miguel 2.20 euros, large bottle most bars we passed yesterday it the main square we're 2-3 euros some hole in the wall bars 1-1.50

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Club Santa Ponsa - Location

Also prices on duty free are 15% cheaper than British airports

10. Re: Club Santa Ponsa - Location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Santa Ponsa