We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advise please going 27th April for 4 days

Northumberland
Level Contributor
497 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Advise please going 27th April for 4 days

Just bagged a bargain 4 day break at Jardin Hotel and have couple of questions:

Much open around hotel in square i.e. evening entertainment such as Irish bars with music etc or does anyone have any tips for places to go.

Any daytime pub tips for drinks & decent food etc

Plan on doing Soller train, anyone know bus timings to Palma so we can plan which train to get. We couldn't fit it in timings wise last time we visited Palma, would have missed last bus back to Cala d'Or so had to give it a miss but it's on our must do list so too good a chance to pass up..

As for weather we'll take what we get has to be better than the UK, aching limbs could do with some sun.

I take it evenings will be 'fresher' but being a Northerner short sleeves will suffice.

Appreciate any help, cheers.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,595 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advise please going 27th April for 4 days

Which Jardin hotel are you staying at? There's Jardin del Mar, and also Jardin del Sol.

Most of the bars will be open in the square, but there won't be any outdoor entertainment yet. There will be entertainment in lots of bars around, just have a wander and see what takes your fancy. McTavishes is usually a good bet though. There are a lot of Irish bars in the Irish quarter, most have some sort of music going on till late.

www.tib.org/portal/web/ctm/autobus/seccio/100

bus timetable there for you.

Northumberland
Level Contributor
497 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advise please going 27th April for 4 days

Cheers Annabelle,

It's Del Mar up be side the square.

Anybody out there currently who know what it's lol on an evening brisk or fresh or mild, just to know what to take for an evening.

Anyone ?

Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
for Colonia de Sant Jordi
Level Contributor
3,678 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advise please going 27th April for 4 days

I'm a northerner too, but it can be quite nippy at night still.

Northumberland
Level Contributor
497 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advise please going 27th April for 4 days

Cheers Peter

Short sleeves OK or do I need a jerkin/jacket ?

Take it you live in Majorca ?, so sounds like I might need long sleeves ?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Advise please going 27th April for 4 days

Stayed in jardin del Mar about 10 times great location. Walk along beach for short cut to main beach great views.good place to eat south wind or Granada on the street down to beach great food and cheap. Rising Sun if u like a bet. New bar open called champions owned by Grant and Alison give it a try and let me know what u think.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advise please going 27th April for 4 days

Im just back today,and stayed in Jardin del Mar.Weather today was very good,about 22-24 degrees.Day before was overcast.I wore t-shirt all the time,but dont really feel the cold,but if you were sitting outside at night you may need a fleece or jumper.

Had dinner in El Jardin,2 mins from hotel,and the food was beautiful.Great service,and decent prices.

Cafe RX 2012 very good for afternoon snack/drink.Also Cafe Okay down towards Irish quarter.

Seemed to be good few people around,but it being my first time there dont have anything to compare to,but obviously nothing like it would be high season.

Loved the walk along coast back to hotel,great views,and refreshing with a bit of a breeze.

Great supermarket just outside hotel to the right,down a couple of steps.Fresh bread,fruit,sun-cream,everything you will need for a few days.

If you get a room in hotel that you are not happy with,ask for upgrade.We were upgraded to room directly over pool,with great views out across bay.It cost €45.00,but worth it between 3 of us,as first room we were allocated wasn't great.

Lovely pool area,but at this time of year its freezing,but hey can't have it all.Didn't stop me from having a dip though,great to clear the head in the morning.

Sparky.

Northumberland
Level Contributor
497 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advise please going 27th April for 4 days

Cheers Sparky

That much appreciated some useful info there.

Probably indoors on a night anyway can't see much outdoor drinking at this time of year, really looking forward to seeing Santa Ponsa this early in season & getting a bit sunshine.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
116 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advise please going 27th April for 4 days

Just got back from a short stay in the jardin Del Mar, first time in this hotel. Public areas of hotel very clean, rooms a bit dated, sea veiw rooms are a must even if not spending long in room. The bed was the hardest ever.

There are plenty places open for a drink and food. A big dissapointment with Arkles cafe just over the road from hotel, it used to do a very good breakfast and a very very good pizza. The owner has sold up due to bad health and now workes with his brother again in The Crown pub. Lets just say we only had one meal there. We did however go to mark Anthonys on the hill for a breakfast and a main meal, this was first time there and was a nice welcome and good food.

Cant wait till next visit in August, this will be back to the Skal appts, Hope you enjoy. Paul W.

ps , Im from the north east also and needed a thin coat at night, but the weather is getting warmer by the day .

Edited: 14 April 2013, 15:41
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Advise please going 27th April for 4 days

Think I remember you Paul..I was the heavy set Irish man whose heart nearly stopped after jumping in pool the day!

Did you eat in El Jardin at all?

Sparky.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
116 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Advise please going 27th April for 4 days

I dont think I remember that, but no we have not eaten at El jardin, We have had meals in many places over the years, I think Xaloc is one of our faves followed by EL Ceibo and Meson Del Rey. El Jardin has good reviews so maybe we will try it in July/Aug.

Get answers to your questions about Santa Ponsa
Recent Conversations