We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Square - Santa Ponsa

Which Santa Ponsa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The Square - Santa Ponsa

Hi myself and family are going in 2 weeks time for the 3rd year running absolutely love the resort. I have heard so much about the square but can't believe we've never been. Is it really good are there plenty of good bars and restaurants? We have a 6 year old son and my parents are with us late 60's. The furthest we have got to is Jackies restaurant which we love , I'm pretty sure the square is further round this way? Does it get crowded and rowdy? Any help, recommendations etc would be much appreciated. Ta Neil

Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Square - Santa Ponsa

The square is the main reason why families go to santa ponsa. There is such a nice relaxed family atmosphere. It starts round 8pm and finishes up bout 11.30 pm. Everyone sits out in a big open air square with all the bars surrounding. The bar staff from the bars come around and take your drinks order while you are entertained. Entertainment starts off with kiddies entertainment with games for the little ones in front of the main stage then bout 9.30 the tribute acts come on there is a different tribute act on every nite super spot for all ages. The you g and lively don't come up to this venue as they stay down in the lively irish centre bout 10 minute walk away

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,546 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Square - Santa Ponsa

Carry on past Jackie's and turn left when you come to the roundabout at the top. Then carry on up the hill, and keep going the way you are headed ie bear left, when the road forks. Carry on down that road, and across the road you will see the entrance to the square.

Put that way it sounds quite far but actually it will take about 15 minutes to walk, and there are lots of shops etc on the way to break up the journey.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: The Square - Santa Ponsa

That's great thank you for that I only heard about it this year we mustn't have ventured out enough in previous years! Can anyone recommend any good places to eat in the square or is it just bars? Thanks

Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Square - Santa Ponsa

Katy's bar is in the square among the bars at the back it serves great food and big roast dinners every day

wishaw
Level Contributor
1 post
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Square - Santa Ponsa

We were in Santa Ponsa from 4th June for two weeks and visited the Square a few times. Nice, relaxed atmosphere with good acts on every night. Big disappointment was the Westlife tribute act who really seemed as if they couldn't be bothered. They sang one Westlife song from six other songs and were asking for requests but not necessarily Westlife songs! Seemed a bit odd although they had been introduced as Take That. Left after the sixth song as it didn't seem to be picking up. Other than that enjoyed our nights there and loads of bars open after acts have finished. Good singer on in the Celt Well.

Manchester...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: The Square - Santa Ponsa

Go to crocs bistro excellent food best in Santa ponsa

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Square - Santa Ponsa

I don't know what hotel you're in but we were in Santa Ponsa last summer and had heard of the square but didn't know where it was. We were in the Santa Ponsa Park/Pionero/Playa hotel group and took a wander up and to the left of the roundabout at the top, still didn't see it and seemed to walk for ages getting further uphill and into no-man's land so we decided to head back to the hotel and get a taxi up there the next night instead. After we knew where it was situated we managed to walk to it in the end and had a couple of good nights there, certainly something different with having the stage in the middle and plenty bars surrounding it, enjoy!

Devon
Level Contributor
14 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Square - Santa Ponsa

The Square sounds great.... Where is it in relation to the big roundabout where all the buses and taxis go from?

Thanks

Glasgow
Level Contributor
71 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Square - Santa Ponsa

From there I would say its about a half a hour walk along the front past Mcdonalds going up hill, just keep walking round to your left for a bit, it will feel like u will never get there, but worth it in the end

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
510 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Square - Santa Ponsa

Take a look at the link below. The big roundabout is the one at the bottom where it says TAXIS, walk to the next roundabout at the other end of the beach then turn left and keep walking up the hill and the square is at the top of the left. Taxi up there is around five to six euros from the big roundabout. It costs a bit more to come back because of the one way system.

http://www.santa-ponsa.com/map.html

Get answers to your questions about Santa Ponsa