We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fergus Plaza

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
445 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Fergus Plaza

I have booked this hotel based mostly on what has been said on tripadvisor and as my elderly mother is going I don't want anything up hill. I also thought it would be handy for buses beach etc, can anyone inform me what entertaintment there could be for her, she is used to going to benidorm and likes all types of dancing is there any dancing in any of the hotels she could go to in Santa ponsa or is it just all bars

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fergus Plaza

I don't know about the hotels, but in mctavishes they have tribute singers, such as Rod Stewart, Neil Diamond, Elvis etc and you are always encouraged to get up for a bop! Although Elvis doesn't just sing, he does jokes, mostly at the audiences expense and they are not for the faint hearted! :-D

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
445 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fergus Plaza

Thanks we will have a look at. Mctavishes I wonder if the square will still have things on 21st to 28th september we could get a taxi up there

Southampton
Level Contributor
334 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fergus Plaza

Hi Ive stayed at the Plaza many times & again this August lovely hotel there is no entertainment in the hotel as such but as Britchick said theres lots of entertainment in the bars. Try Strings bar and Steps both close to each other and have some good acts on also try the Jaggy Thistle just up the road from the Plaza good singer Alison on from 10pm the karaoke with Les very funny. Not much entertaiment at night on the quiet side most of it is near the Irish end of the beach. Have a great time.

Edited: 12 June 2013, 07:09
Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
445 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fergus Plaza

Thanks Microturbo, I am sure there will be plenty to keep us occupied and I know the Jaggy very well, as its my best friend's sister that has it with her partner, I usually just spend time in that area of SP so don't really know too much about the Irish part and have just been up at the square a few times, I am wondering now whether I should have booked a hotel with entertainment but it was the fact that that the Fergus Plaza got a good write up on here re the food and it being very central that I chose it, let me know how it is in August we have enquired about a front facing room rather than pool view would this be better

Southampton
Level Contributor
334 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fergus Plaza

Yes we always ask for the top floor facing the beach the balcanies get plenty of sun and its just nice to sit outside & watch the world go by. Strings is straight facing the mini roundabout at the Irish end behind the kebab shop lots of different acts on from about 9pm. lots of the Irish bars have entertainment on most of it starts at 10ish,also try the Rey Don Jaime hotel the have acts on in the evening around the pool area.

Edited: 12 June 2013, 07:37
Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
445 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fergus Plaza

Thanks you have been a wonderful help have you done the train journey through the mountains I watched it on youtube and thought that might be of interest

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,586 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fergus Plaza

The tren de Soller is a brilliant day out. Get the bus to Palma from just outside your hotel, then out of the bus station, look to your right, and there is the station. Trains can get crowded in the summer months, maybe take that into consideration, but the journey is well worth it for the beautiful views. Once you reach Soller you can get on the tram to the port and have a look round there.

Then you can either get the bus back, either the express bus through the tunnel or the more scenic one through Deia and Valldemossa to Palma, or you can do the train journey in reverse.

http://www.trendesoller.com/en/cms.php

Southampton
Level Contributor
334 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fergus Plaza

No never done it always wanted but its looks to much trouble plus the wife would need an operation to remove the sunbed from her bum.

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
558 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fergus Plaza

As Annabelle says you can always get the bus back which is much quicker and cheaper than the train if you get the express one and if you want to come back in the afternoon it is the only way to do it. Check the timetable on the link Annabelle gave and you will see there are no trains between 2 and 6.60 in the evenings. Doing the train and tram one way and bus the other also gives you different scenery to look at too.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
445 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fergus Plaza

I will definitely be doing this train journey I wanted to last year but I was alone and didn't think it would be much fun by myself thanks

Get answers to your questions about Santa Ponsa
Recent Conversations