We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Palma

Central scoland
Level Contributor
979 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Bus to Palma

Hi we are planning on visiting Palma city whilst on holiday. Does anyone know which bus to get, best place to get off and what time the last bus is back to Santa Ponsa is. We are going early August.

Thanks

Geraldine

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,414 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus to Palma

Bus 104, best place to get off, erm, depends what you want to do, it stops close to the cathedral on the sea front which is good for most things sight seeing and shopping related. Havent got a clue when the last bus is have a look on the timetable below...

tib.org/portal/en/web/ctm/autobus/linia/104

Central scoland
Level Contributor
979 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus to Palma

Thanks how will I know when to get off. Not really used the bus service before. The Cathedral and seafront sounds ideal.

Big huge ta

Geraldine

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,563 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus to Palma

The fast bus from Santa Ponsa is the 102. If you get on the 104 you go through Magalluf and Palma Nova. It's not bad for sight seeing, but not if you want to get to Palma in a hurry!

You will know when to get off if you are getting off at the cathedral stop as you will see the cathedral, and also this is where most people get off! The driver usually shouts out as well at this stop.

If you look to the front of the bus there is a display board with the name of the next stop on it.

Central scoland
Level Contributor
979 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus to Palma

Thankyou so much Annabelle I really appreciate your help. Do I get on the same 102 back on the opposite side of the road.

Thanks again

Geraldine

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,563 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus to Palma

You get it outside the cathedral on the way back. The stop on the way is down a little road, don't worry, you won't miss the stop though and you will see where you have to go.

Sometimes in peak times the bus back is very full when it reaches the cathedral so I always find it easier and more comfortable to get on in the bus station where the journey begins. If you're going beyond the cathedral area into the main shopping area it is signposted, and anyone you ask will be able to give directions if you get stuck.

Central scoland
Level Contributor
979 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus to Palma

Thanks Annabelle do you pay the bus driver wen you get on the bus or buy a ticket.

Thanks

Geraldine

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,563 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus to Palma

pay when you get on

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
21 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus to Palma

I am going to santa ponsa in August and plan on Visiting friends in Playa de Palma ( Hotel Capi )

so which bus do you recommend i should get.

Thanks

Glasgow, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus to Palma

Palma is so interesting. I visited it on the bus from Santa Ponsa when I was there in April. The bus didn't take long either and if I remember rightly about 25 minutes ie the 102.

Tipperary, Ireland
Level Contributor
223 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus to Palma

Hi Annabelle where do you get the 102 and 104 bus from in Santa Ponsa, I am staying in the Verdemar Apartments

Get answers to your questions about Santa Ponsa
Recent Conversations