We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

club santa ponsa

Which Santa Ponsa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
club santa ponsa

im going here soon but beoming concerned about the heat in august and no air con, has anyone stayed here at this time of year and how did you find the evenings,, were the fans sufficient?

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,538 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: club santa ponsa

I haven't stayed in August, but I have in early September, and yes, it gets very hot. The ceiling fans are good, but not the same as aircon.

I usually stayed in an apartment, with a separate bedroom. During the day, I never opened the curtains to keep the sun out and the room cool. I kept the window open, but the shutters closed so the room was still secure. When we were out, we closed the living room curtains as well, and even when we were in and on the balcony, those curtains stayed closed, but the balcony doors open.

And if you find it too hot after all that, you can always hire another fan either from reception (which will probably be more expensive) or from one of the hire shops in town. We never had to do this, but then again, it was a month later and a bit cooler than in August.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: club santa ponsa

Well I'm staying there from the 30th august and was aware that there was no air con, but it doesn't bother me that much. I think it's generally a dryer heat in Spain rather than the humid stuff we've been having in the UK. I also think it helps keeps the prices down. it must cost the hotels a fortune to have air con running 24/7.

3. Re: club santa ponsa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Santa Ponsa
Recent Conversations