We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday centre overbooking

Level Contributor
8 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday centre overbooking

I have been reading alot of bad reviews about the holiday centre over booking . Folk are getting moved to sun beach . a was here last year and it was faultless , are these rumours true ? a leave next weds am refusing to go to sun beach looks like a hell hole and we have a family

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,596 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday centre overbooking

I would also refuse sun beach, it is a party hotel and not suitable for families.

Overbooking does occur unfortunately in a lot of hotels, if you book directly with the hotel you tend not to be moved, is this the case with you? Otherwise I would instigate some sort of communication with the hotel, email them and tell them you have been before and how much you are looking forward to staying with them again, tell them how much you liked your room last time and ask for a similar room, anything really that gets them to remember you. This MIGHT help in the allocation of rooms when it comes down to it. But if you really do have to be moved, ask for a different hotel to Sun Beach, as the alternative has to be reasonable, and this hotel just isn't for families.

Dhun na nGall...
Level Contributor
125 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday centre overbooking

We're staying in sun beach at the moment, on 7th floor which is the only floor with nice big terrace type balconies. We where expecting the absolute worst but where pleasantly surprised. at night time it does get a bit noisey because its so close to the pubs but that's to be expected. The room itself is of decent size, separate bedroom with twin beds, soda beds in living area with dining table and chairs. We've stayed in the holiday park on different occasions an There isn't much difference between them- apart from air con but the heat is bearable. I wouldn't hesitate about coming back to sun beach- no I'm not 18-25yr old party goer! We're in our 30s and like a night out but I didn't find these apartments as party like as we where dreading.

3. Re: Holiday centre overbooking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Santa Ponsa
Recent Conversations