We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Jardin Del Sol Rooms

Which Santa Ponsa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
STAFFORD
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Jardin Del Sol Rooms

We have just booked to stay at this hotel. Have booked with Thomas Cook where the only option was a basic suite. Whilst we are not concerned about having the extra facilities that go with the Prestige area; we were just wondering what the difference is with the actual rooms themselves.

Also any tips aboul the hotel would be greatly appreciated!

Thankyou.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,537 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Jardin Del Sol Rooms

I stayed there twice last year before the prestige suites were available, and I stayed in a suite with a separate bedroom. This was the cheapest option so I suspect this is what is meant by a basic suite.

Actually this is the option I would have chosen anyway, as I like a separate bedroom and living area, and this is the only type of suite that has this. The suite itself was lovely. The bedroom was at the back of the suite, so no views, and actually the windows are high up in the bedroom so let in light but too high for me to see out of even if there was anything to see! \Having said that, the bedroom was always quite dark, suited me as we only slept in there so wanted it dark!

The living area was large, and also contained the spa bath, which might sound a bit weird, but it was nice to sit in the bath with the patio doors open with the view of the sea. All the rooms have spectacular sea views apart from the ones on the bottom floor, which look out over the gardens, but the sea would be obstructed because of the hedge opposite.

Unless you are a big drinker, I wouldn't go for the all inclusive option. I did it on my first visit in April, but when it came to booking my second visit in September the difference in price was somewhere around £900! As we like to go out and about and often either skip lunch when having a huge breakfast, or eat lunch out, we went for half board. We didn't skimp on what we had at the bar, and we had a few lunches in, and my bar bill still only came to 250 euros after 10 days. Obviously if you drink more than we do, or like to spend more time in the hotel it would work out more.

The food is good, we had lobster once, and there was often cava served with breakfast, there was always something to suit even the fussiest of eaters. There was often beautiful displays of fresh fruit, some of which I had no clue what it was or how to eat it, but the staff were pleased to be able to show me, and as I tend to eat fish and fruit most of the time anyway, this was brilliant for me!

The hotel is cashless, you sign for everything and then pay before you leave. This again suited us, but if budget is a concern it might be an idea to keep an eye on what you are spending.

When I visited in April there were a lot of German cyclists there, and that wasn't a problem, they were out all day, and then came home at dinner time, then had dinner and a few drinks. However, my last few days in September, the cyclists were there again, and they seemed to take over the bar area at night, which sometimes meant it was difficult to get a seat outside, still lots of room inside though. But I suppose as with everything, it all depends on which group is there and how they behave.

I have read up about the prestige suites, and I understand you are offered the chance to upgrade on arrival, so it will be interesting for me to see them when I return next year.

STAFFORD
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Jardin Del Sol Rooms

Thankyou for a wonderfully detailed reply x

3. Re: Iberostar Jardin Del Sol Rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2014, 06:37
Get answers to your questions about Santa Ponsa