We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
140 reviews
Save Topic
Which resort in October

Looking to go to Majorca for a few days in October with my partner. Can't quite choose between Santa Ponsa and Palmanova. Any recommendations for somewhere with a choice of restaurants and bars that will still be open this time of year. We like it lively but not overcrowded. Or am I on the wrong track with these two places and is there anywhere else you would recommend. Thanks.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which resort in October

Nowhere will be crowded in October. Hardly anywhere will be lively. I don't know Santa Ponsa so I won't speak for there but Palma Nova is probably as buzzing as you will get.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which resort in October

Thanks for reply. I notice you've been to Cala Bona as well, I was also looking at there and Cala Millor - would they be ok in October do you think. I went to Can Pastilla last year in November but wanted somewhere a bit more picturesque.

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which resort in October

Cala Millor winds down end of October, but doesn't ever completely close down. Even around Cala Bona, there are one or two small bar/cafes still open in January. We sometimes like to sit at the harbour and have coffee in the winter.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which resort in October

It depends when in October you are planning to go. Santa ponsa still has a lot of places open up until the middle And there are always a few places open all year round, as it's a place where a lot of people live. We are going for Halloween and have no worries, there's always enough open for us to enjoy ourselves.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which resort in October

I think in October Palma Nova would be busier than Cala Bona and on a par with Cala Millor. But as previously stated it is more likely any of these resorts will be livelier at the beginning of the month than the end.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which resort in October

Thanks everyone. I've decided that my best bet would be Palma Nova or Santa Ponsa. We are going at the end of October and although I've read that Cala Millor have a 5 day special 'event' on then, we are only staying 3 nights so it's a bit too far from the airport for such a short break. Thanks for taking the time to reply, might see you there Brit1chick.

Leeds
Level Contributor
115 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which resort in October

Apologies for hijacking the thread somewhat, but seemed daft to start another. We are making our first visit to Santa Ponsa on the 30th October and staying in an apartment at Kings Park. Will there be much choice restaurant wise at this time of year? I can cope with a lack of entertainment, but not a big tea!

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,656 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which resort in October

Britchick's post above pretty much answers your question...

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which resort in October

Forunately for me, all my favourite restaurants will still be open! Nearest to you is Kishna, Bar 8.... . A stroll away is Meson del Rey and a furher walk on is Pizzeria Italia, although they are closing sometime in November and Xaloc is normally open all year round. There are probably quite a few more but those mentioned are my favourites. I think you will also find that quite a lot of the lunch time places tend to be open on your side of

the bay. Don't worry, you won't starve!!!!

10. Re: Which resort in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Santa Ponsa
Recent Conversations