We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Jardin Del Sol

Wellingborough...
Level Contributor
73 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Jardin Del Sol

Hi All!

I've just booked our honeymoon for the above hotel in July - only problem I'm having is I can't find anything about the beach next to it? What're the beaches in Costa de la Calma like? Also, are there lots of cafes/bars/restaurants in SP?

Thank you!

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,658 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Jardin Del Sol

The costa de la calma beach near the JDS is tiny but usable, it will be very busy if youre into the school hols part of July though . You have a pleasant 20 minute walk down to the main beach at Santa Ponsa, there are plenty of bars and cafes near you (you'll pass by the square which has entertainment every night, on the way down to the main beach) and i can particularly recommend Amadeus restaurant which is near you opposite the Bouganvilla apartments.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,586 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Jardin Del Sol

Far better to walk down into Santa Ponsa to the amazing beach there. I've stayed at Jardin del Sol a couple of times and it is lovely. You can access the sea directly from the pool area of the hotel, but it is down some rickety steps, and unfortunately I am not as agile as I once was so didn't risk it! Try to make sure you get a higher level room so you get the beautiful sea view, I think only the very lower level don't get this, but they have direct access onto the garden area which could make up for the lack of view. If you have booked a honeymoon suite you won't have this problem though, they are absolutely gorgeous, BUT remember you can be overlooked by the balconies on higher levels to save you embarrassment! But once you are in the tent on the balcony you have your privacy.

You will have a choice of lots of bars and restaurants in Santa Ponsa, most of them are on your way into the beach area, but there are some worth looking at on the other side of the bay.

3. Re: Iberostar Jardin Del Sol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Santa Ponsa
Recent Conversations