We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Globales is better for 'maturish couple', end of Sept

liverpool
Level Contributor
126 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Which Globales is better for 'maturish couple', end of Sept

Pionero or Santa Ponsa Park? Good offer on Travelzoo, currently late check out available at SPP but not Pionero.

Are they close to each other? Any particular differences?

Thanks in anticipation ..

durham
Level Contributor
48 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Globales is better for 'maturish couple', end of Sept

next to each other, good location near beach using same facilities . Sometimes you are put in which ever they have rooms no matter which you booked but little difference .

liverpool
Level Contributor
126 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Globales is better for 'maturish couple', end of Sept

Thanks for your quick response carDurham, that's useful

manchester
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Globales is better for 'maturish couple', end of Sept

hi bazpool

they are virtually the same resort, the two hotels with the two pools inbetween. virtually one hotel. we have just come back from the pionero i don't think there's a difference rearly, if there is i didnt see one.

barry and mary

liverpool
Level Contributor
126 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Globales is better for 'maturish couple', end of Sept

Great thanks!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Globales is better for 'maturish couple', end of Sept

As others have said, the Santa Ponsa Park and the Pionero are in the same grounds with the two swimming pools close to each other. They also have the Playa Santa Ponsa across the road and you can use the facilities in all three hotels but can only get your meals or drinks from the one you're booked into. So if you book the Pionero for example and you're watching a show in the Santa Ponsa Park you'll have to wander up to the Pionero for a drink and bring it back, it was worse for us though, being in the Playa we had to walk over the road everytime we wanted a drink when watching the evening entertainment, it's a bit strange seeing people wandering between the three hotels carrying drinks everywhere! When we booked the Santa Ponsa Park in 2012 we ended up in the Playa across the road. It's a star grading lower so we weren't happy at paying for Santa Ponsa Park/Pionero prices for this one but the last three days of our holiday they moved us over to the Santa Ponsa Park. You might book the Pionero but there's no guarantee that that's where they'll put you when you arrive. The three hotels have different coloured wristbands so staff know which one you're staying at.

Edited: 17 May 2014, 20:30
Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Globales is better for 'maturish couple', end of Sept

I've booked the Pionero for the beginning of June for the simple reason that it seems more geared towrads couples or solo travellers than families from looking at the reviews. As jambonian2 has said it does seem a bit odd about the drinks and AI wristband situation with the other hotels. Having booked the 4 star pionero, I will not be happy if I'm roomed at the Playa as this is only a 3 star.

I think it will be suitable to the OP as I don't think it will be overun with kids and all three hotels are getting pretty good reviews

liverpool
Level Contributor
126 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Globales is better for 'maturish couple', end of Sept

Thanks for the interesting info!

liverpool
Level Contributor
126 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Globales is better for 'maturish couple', end of Sept

Thanks Mark, it did appear to me that the Pionero may be slightly more geared to couples

9. Re: Which Globales is better for 'maturish couple', end of Sept

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Santa Ponsa
Recent Conversations