We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jandia Golf Hotel

Level Contributor
20 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Jandia Golf Hotel

Hi, hoping someone can help answer some of my questions please.

We have booked through an English travel company to stay at 'Jandia Golf' hotel in October 2014. When booking we were told this is a 4* hotel that has been taken over by new owners and had a total refurb. We were unable to find this hotel on trip advisor and were told this is because it is a new hotel and there no reviews as it has only just opened.

Since booking I have researched and it seems this hotel used to go by 3 names; 'Canaris Stella Jandia' Hotel, and 'Glabalia Jandia' Hotel, and 'Paradise Jandia' Hotel. And now it is being sold by travel companies as 'Oasis Jandia Golf' Hotel and 'Jandia Golf' Hotel.

I was hoping someone who is very familiar with the area or the hotels can help put my mind at rest and assure me this hotel has been refurbished and is a 4* as advertised and as we paid for. As the photos being advertised on sites now that are selling holidays look nice but under the old hotel names it looks run down and the pool is even empty in one photo that I found and I am so worried.

Thanks for your time in reading this.

Scotland
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jandia Golf Hotel

Hi we are having exactly the same worry. Booked the Oasis but wondering what we are going to as the premium seems amazing but nobody is posting about anything else.

Level Contributor
20 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jandia Golf Hotel

hi. i have been told the premium is a Barcelo hotel and adults only and it is not the same hotel, and when i checked on maps its not the same hotel. originally we thought it was the premium which i agree looks amazing. we awe going as a couple with our son a toddler and our friends a couple with a young baby. when is your holiday booked for, ours is october. i hope that we get a lovely hotel as promised. i will let you know what it is like if we travel before you do.

Edited: 21 August 2014, 14:12
Oxted, England...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jandia Golf Hotel

Hi, we have just returned from a 1 week stay at Jandia Golf Hotel, I am not sure why it is called "Oasis Jandia Golf" as they do not know any reference to Oasis, only Jandia Golf, do not get this confused with the Barceló Jandia Hotel as we did, that is a much more superior hotel which is located nearer the beach. Jandia Golf is about 2 miles from the beach, although they do lay on a free bus to beach continuously, so every 10 mins or so there is a bus from reception. The golf course looks to still be in progress, did not see anyone playing golf there. The hotel is in my opinion a 4 star hotel, our stay was very comfortable, the apartments are huge! We had a 2 bedroom apartment which had 2 very big rooms, 2 bathrooms with bath and shower and a large living room and balcony. The hotel is purely all inclusive and the meals are very good, great variety for breakfast, lunch and dinner and a snack bar by the pool which is open from 11am to 6pm and serves cocktails, beer, soft drinks, burgers, hot dogs and chips. Every night there is entertainment in the disco bar from 8.30pm-11pm. The staff very all very nice and worked extremely hard, most nights only 1 person on bar but managed to get through everyone as they were so fast serving. I would recommend it, but if you are British and expecting tea facilities in your room, you will be disappointed, there is no kettle or iron. We bought a kettle from Jandia for 10 euros so we could have a nice cup of tea on our balcony. Other British couples did the same. Have a nice holiday!

Level Contributor
20 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jandia Golf Hotel

hello, thank you for replying. I am really relieved to hear this is a nice 4 star hotel. Did you see any kind of entertainment for children i.e. kids club and did you see any children's play ground swings etc?

do you know if the bus shuttle is free? thank you

Oxted, England...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jandia Golf Hotel

Hi again, yes there are things for kids to do, we took our 14 and 9 year old sons, they loved the pools, there is a games room and pool table, but they cost 1 euro each play. There is a kids playground and the hotel staff do fun activities with the kids, like face painting, kids games and there is aqua fit and water polo for mixed adults/kids. There is wifi but it is not free, 16 euros for a week or they do it daily or minutes. The bus to the beach is free and runs every 10 mins or so from 9.30am-6pm (ish) We went to the Oasis zoo, there is also a free bus service either from the hotel and back or from the bus stop at the beach, get the free shuttle to beach and get bus there. That was a really good day out, lots of animals there, elephants, crocodiles, giraffes etc and the sealion show is a must see, you can also book to swim with the sealions which looked amazing. There is a kids disco from 8.30pm-9pm, the staff entertain the kids and get them to join in with dancing, games etc. Whilst we were there the entertainment included parrot show, owl show, quiz night, bingo, flamenco dancing etc.

Level Contributor
20 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jandia Golf Hotel

It all sounds fantastic, thank you so much for all the information. You have really helped me to stop worrying and look forward to our holiday now.

Scotland
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jandia Golf Hotel

Hi and thank you for all your replies - my 18 year old daughter and I are going tomorrow, so I will definitely write a review on trip advisor. Thanks again, it does sound like a good holiday hotel. x

Level Contributor
20 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jandia Golf Hotel

thanks yes all the information we can get is fantastic. I am really hoping the golf course next door is open when we arrive as the travel agent told us it is open and that's the reason we booked this hotel as my husband and our friend had planned on playing while we are there. I wish you and your daughter a lovely holiday.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jandia Golf Hotel

Hi, we stayed there in july,rooms are fantastic and we were told the golf course will be open in October hope u enjoy it we did.

1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Jandia Golf Hotel

i can echo all the above comments, we were a bit nervous too, but really enjoyed our 10 days. one thing to watch out for is the meat cooked on the griddle in the restaurant. a couple of times we had slightly undercooked chicken or pork, but you soon learn which cuts of meat to choose. (the thinnest)

The pools are fantastic, the cleanliness is very good and the staff are all polite. The rooms were cleaned every day and there is a laundry service available. those of us who have just returned were the first wave of British guests, so expect all the leaflets to be in in German.

Enjoy!

Ged

Get answers to your questions about Morro del Jable
Recent Conversations
More Morro del Jable Topics