We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Playa De Ingles that bad?????

Which Playa del Ingles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southern United...
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Is Playa De Ingles that bad?????

Hi there,

My family (including two sons aged 18 and 14 are coming to the playa de ingles in October for a week. We are staying at the Lopensan Buenvantura Hotel.

i am a little concerned as i have been hearing quite a lot of negative comments about Playa De ingles. We are a fun loving family that enjoys being busy exploring and doing things but we are not into heavy partying or drinking. Do you think I've chosen the wrong Resort? I was advised by the travel consultant that Playa De Ingles was lively but clean place to be. I had considered maspalomas but was told that might be a bit too quiet for my sons.

I am now considering changing to a different resort?

What do you think?

Gran Canaria, Spain
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Playa De Ingles that bad?????

The Lopensan Buenvantura Hotel is fine - the area could be better as it can be noisy at night but not all the time . Playa del ingles has something for everyone but you have to get the right area.

There are great places to go in Playa Del ingles it has a great hard rock cafe for instance and it is not all heavy partying and drinking but some people do go to PDI for that as they do anywhere else . Maspalomas is a better area and just a short taxi ride a way from pdi you could even walk to pdi if you are in the right area of Maspalomas . Maspalomas also has a great water park and holiday world which has a small fun fair and cafes etc etc.. One of the best area to stay in is Melonares as you are near to things and can get on a bus or in a taxi without a problem and go to most other areas and also it is very near the beach at Mapalomas.

Southern United...
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Playa De Ingles that bad?????

Thanks for your comments. I do value them. I asked if i could change resorts but found that the holiday company want to charge me 200 pounds to do this!

So i cannot afford to do this as well as pay more fpor staying in another resort.

Gran Canaria, Spain
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Playa De Ingles that bad?????

Melonares is more expensive to stay in the pdi but the hotel Lopensan Buenvantura is fine I´ms sure you will like it there and don´t worry pdi is great for everyone. Just go to places you and your family enjoy.

Southern United...
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Playa De Ingles that bad?????

Thanks so much 35510 and feeling a little better after you have reasuured me about hotel and PDI

HSE
North East
Level Contributor
504 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Playa De Ingles that bad?????

I agree with the other reply, any resort is what you make it, if you want to party all night you can in PDI and if you don't then thats fine too, don't worry about it at all you will be fine, I am going on Monday and am not a party animal and this has not put me off! Enjoy!!

London
Level Contributor
172 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Playa De Ingles that bad?????

i just got back from Lopensan Buenvantura Hotel in PDI.

Good hotel, activities for your children available, very big hotel so you can ask for a quiet room away from the noisey area.

Hotel staff very friendly and deal with all problems quickly

Excellent location as most buses pass through PDI and they run very frequently and cheap.

Also taxis are not too bad, a taxi to Maspolomas is no more than 4 Euros.

London, United...
Level Contributor
566 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Playa De Ingles that bad?????

Hey, even if PDI isnt the place for you, taxi's are so cheap - you can go off and explore so many places! PDI is known for its clubbing scene however there are a lot of nice places to go in that area, some good shopping areas etc, maspalomas is lovely, check out the sand dunes on the beach theyre amazing!

The time of year you are going PDI wont be a problem, in July - Aug it is generally more crowded with teenage groups (clubbers), by October it is peaceful :)

I have been to Gran Canaria several times and loved it, its a very nice, clean place, all I would say is, even in shops outside of amrkets, you can still bargain to get a better price for goods. I went into some designer shops and as soon as the owner realised I wasnt interested in paying his prices for thigns he soon made me a better offer ;-)

PS - There are so many arcades etc in and around Maspalomas - and HOLIDAY WORLD - You cant get bored! neither will your sons :)

May I also recommend Peurto Mogan - Its a beautiful fishing type village and has a great market :)

Southern United...
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Playa De Ingles that bad?????

WOW!!!!! All of you thanks so much for all your encouraging comments etc. I am now very much looking forward to our trip!

England
Level Contributor
35 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Playa De Ingles that bad?????

Hi glad you posted your concerns about holiday. We are also staying at Buenaventura in October. Have read replies to your questions and now feel much better about going. Only other concern is food in hotel have read some bad reports. Never mind we can always eat out.

London
Level Contributor
172 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Playa De Ingles that bad?????

Yep the food in Lopensan Buenvantura Hotel was horrible.

I tend to dislike hotel food anyway.

I ate out everyday, tried the hotel meal once and took two bites

Breakfast was ok I suppose

Get answers to your questions about Playa del Ingles