We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What the weather like at the moment

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
What the weather like at the moment

We are going to PDI in 2 weeks time was wondering what the weather is like at the moment hope its going to be nice we were in Fuertventura 2 years ago about the same time and the weather was lovely fingers crossed it is the same in Gran Canaria myself unless you go in the summer months you can not rely on the weather in the canaries does not matter what island you pick i think the months Nov to March are a bit ropey.The only reason we are going Feb is my other half gets told when to have his hols otherwise i would of liked to go say May.

Clichy, France
Level Contributor
386 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What the weather like at the moment

The southern part of Gran Canaria is probably the most stable of all the canary islands. In Playa you might find it windy. If you find it to unstable consider a day or two in the area around Puerto Rico. You have great beaches at Amadores and Anfi. Last days have been very good...

s wales
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What the weather like at the moment

hi, my girlfriend and i are going to PDI on the 16th feb, we were planning on wearing t-shirts with 3/4 trousers out in the nights, is there any dress codes in pubs/clubs and will it be too cold for this?? cheers

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What the weather like at the moment

Last time we were in Gran Canaria we went in the October never been to Gran Canaria in Feb before been to Fuertventura and Tenerife and Lanzorote in Feb and they are all nearly all the same weather wise so fingers crossed we are going the 2nd Feb for a week staying at PDI we stayed there the last time its not the prettiest resort i dont think and i am praying the weather will be good my other half alway wears the 3 quarter shorts but take a cardie and a thin waterproof jacket just in case learnt my lesson over the years be prepared.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What the weather like at the moment

Just came back this week and we had a brillant time enjoyed Gran Canaria brtter this time then the last time we were there of course our complex was nearer to the nightlife shame we had to come home to the snow

aylesbury,england
Level Contributor
374 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What the weather like at the moment

How was the weather Lesleywood?

durham
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What the weather like at the moment

We have just returned from a week in Puerto Rico in the south of the island yesterday (Monday 16th Feb) and the weather was glorious.

Nice temperatures well into the 70's and hardly a cloud to be seen.

It didn't really get dark until around 7pm either and the nights were milder than we expected - although we did wear trousers for a stroll after dark.

There were small sea breezes just enough to keep things pleasant.

Have a lovely time!

7. Re: What the weather like at the moment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Ingles