We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying perfume...airport or local shops ???

Kent
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Buying perfume...airport or local shops ???

I would like to but some Estee Lauder perfume whilst in Gran Canaria (Playa del Ingles) Is it cheaper to buy it at the airport or are the shops better ?

Many thanks

London
Level Contributor
16 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying perfume...airport or local shops ???

I didn't look at the prices at the airport however when I was in PDI last week and shopping for perfumes and aftershaves I found that the shops were throwing discounts at you! In fact Perfume Europa in the Yumbo were offering 30% off an already discounted price on some fragrances even before I asked them for their best price! I would probably suggested buying in PDI.

ireland
Level Contributor
430 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying perfume...airport or local shops ???

Definitly recommend the shops in PDI and as the other person said, the Yumbo centre. You can haggle on the prices also in the Yumbo so don't give the price they ask!!

London
Level Contributor
16 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying perfume...airport or local shops ???

As sissy said - haggle on the prices in PDI. I walked away with loads of bargins on my little rainy afternoon shopping trip!!

Kent
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying perfume...airport or local shops ???

Many thanks....can't wait to go on 10th November...hope weather's good.

surrey
Level Contributor
2,486 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying perfume...airport or local shops ???

Well if the weather isn't any good for a few hours, do what LovetheSun82London did and grab yourself a few bargains!!!!!!! ;o)

Edited: 21 October 2010, 18:49
cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,742 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying perfume...airport or local shops ???

Whilst in the Cannaries last month i found quite a few perfumes are actually now cheaper in the UK ,so i would make up a UK price list and then do price comparison .Or if you have a printed leaflet say from Boots with their perfume prices then whilst you are shopping if its cheaper in Boots show the sellers and watch their price come down ,bartering still works imo .Have a fantastic holiday

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
6,549 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buying perfume...airport or local shops ???

Just a word of warning on the subject. Just like cigarettes there are pirated perfumes about on the island, not the real thing but most reputable shops will sell the real thing !!!

Edited: 23 October 2010, 09:51
Kent
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Buying perfume...airport or local shops ???

Thank you all very much...just 3 days to go !!!

London
Level Contributor
16 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buying perfume...airport or local shops ???

I'm so jealous!! I won't be back to PDI until October 2011 probably! Enjoy the sunshine!!!!

10. Re: Buying perfume...airport or local shops ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2011, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Ingles