We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Waikiki hotel or Buenaventura hotel ???

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
368 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Waikiki hotel or Buenaventura hotel ???

Hi all,

Both have really good reviews but can't decide on which one. Has anyone been to both and if so which one would you recommend?

Looking for beach location and know Beaun is the closest, nice pool, good food, good drinks as we are AI.

Room wise : Good balcony is a must and decent quiet room.

Dont want the hotel to be full of the partying lot and just want a bit of piece when sun bathing and then enjoy the stuff at night.

Please help ??? :confused .com

Thanks

Sheryl

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,791 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Waikiki hotel or Buenaventura hotel ???

Hi there,

We used the Riu Waikiki when we went back in 2009 and we enjoyed it. It's about 15/20 mins from the beach and nightlife. Leaving the Hotel and going left takes you down to the Kasbah center, plenty bars etc down there and there's a shopping complex in that area too. Leaving the Hotel and turning right there's a few bars and if you carry on down to the left from the street it takes you down to the Yumbo center, again lots of bars, etc it's mainly a shopping centre during the day but there's plenty bars, showbars and the like in the evening. The Yumbo has a largely gay clientelle in the evening but there's plenty going on there for everyone.

I can't comment on the Buenaventura as i've never used it but if you want to know anything about the Waikiki then let me know and i'll tell you what i can about the Hotel etc

Keith (Jambonian, Edinburgh)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
368 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Waikiki hotel or Buenaventura hotel ???

Thank you that's a great help. I booked Waikiki so going on the 10th october. What's the best way to get there from the airport ?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,791 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Waikiki hotel or Buenaventura hotel ???

Shuttle bus would be cheaper but taxi's are not expensive over there. If i remember correctly the transfer time (by shuttlebus) wasn't that long... 20 mins or so? Taxi would be quicker obviously but a pretty quick transfer either way.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,791 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Waikiki hotel or Buenaventura hotel ???

Actually... meant to say, the Waikiki design is built as 5 towers. You might want to contact the Hotel to ask for a poolview room, as they are a circular design, you might end up with a room overlooking the main road behind the complex.

5. Re: Riu Waikiki hotel or Buenaventura hotel ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 02:17
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Ingles