We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

relaxed but fun holiday for lgbt people solo traveller

lowestoft, suffolk
Level Contributor
58 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
relaxed but fun holiday for lgbt people solo traveller

hi there

I am planning on travelling to gran caneria first week of September is it nice that time of year average temps?

I am planning on going to monkey bar and maybe some others ( gay ones) while there in play de ingles. However I don't want to stay in a rowdy for lads boozer hotel is there any that are relaxed away from it all ok with gay people and close to get to some bars.

I know its asking a lot

many thanks

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
4,847 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: relaxed but fun holiday for lgbt people solo traveller

Not heard of Monkey bar but it may be one of dozens of gay or gay friendly places in the Yumbo Centrum and within a few yards of that are the Neptuno, Riu Don Miguel and the Axel hotels and lots of apartments. The Axel is predominantly gay, they say, and the other two are very popular with lgbt travellers. You won't find a rowdy lads hotel near the Yumbo (as far as I know) but you will around the Kasbah. I assume you are planning on going to Playa del Ingles because any other resort except Las Palmas, forget it if you want to meet lgbt.

September is not the most popular month but it will be OK. As for temperatures it will be very hot still so make sure you have A/C or it may be unbearable.

lowestoft, suffolk
Level Contributor
58 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: relaxed but fun holiday for lgbt people solo traveller

that's great I was looking at rui walkiki. Yeah im just looking for sun and relaxing with a few yumbo bars and sightseeing thrown in. Im not looking for exculsive gay just a tolerant hotel.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: relaxed but fun holiday for lgbt people solo traveller

Take a look at the Neptuno (adults only ) which usually has around 40/50 % gay guests or tve Buenos Aries apartments which are next door and owned by the same company . Both are next door to the Yumbo where all the bars are. I go to playa around 6 times a year and am already booked into the BA for my June , Sept and November visits.

Edited: 06 June 2013, 19:59
surrey
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: relaxed but fun holiday for lgbt people solo traveller

Sorry, don't understand the abbreviation. Could someone explain please? ;o)

Edited: 06 June 2013, 21:22
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: relaxed but fun holiday for lgbt people solo traveller

Which abbreviation ?

surrey
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: relaxed but fun holiday for lgbt people solo traveller

lgbt ;o)

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,070 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: relaxed but fun holiday for lgbt people solo traveller

I'm guessing lesbian, gay, bi tolerant...?

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: relaxed but fun holiday for lgbt people solo traveller

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual , Transgender

Panama City Beach...
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: relaxed but fun holiday for lgbt people solo traveller

This might help: http://outvoyager.com/

10. Re: relaxed but fun holiday for lgbt people solo traveller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Ingles
Recent Conversations