We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa del Sol Apartments - Question

London, United...
Level Contributor
539 posts
205 reviews
Save Topic
Playa del Sol Apartments - Question

Hi All

Next month we are staying in the Playa del Sol Apartments for the first time and I understand there is no air conditioning in the rooms. So, does anyone know if there are any fans available to hire? I sweat up when it's minus 5 let alone when it's hot!! Thanks for any help.

John (finkfloydman).

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa del Sol Apartments - Question

There were no fans to hire when I stayed there in June a couple of years ago and it was very uncomfortable . You can buy a lage electrical fan at Visenta in the Yumbo for less than e15 though and donate it to the maid or another guest at the end of your stay (other places I've stayed in that do hire fans out have charged e 2/3 a night so it's actually cheaper to buy one )

Edited: 28 April 2014, 23:21
London, United...
Level Contributor
539 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa del Sol Apartments - Question

Hi UK10143

Thanks for your reply. I think I'll have to weigh up how warm/hot it will be when I arrive at the end of next month. It was our our Daughter that recommended the Playa del Sol Apartments as she and her partner have been there a few times before due to its proximity to the Yumbo centre. Buying a fan is probably a good option. Many thanks again.

Regards John (finkfloydman).

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,730 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa del Sol Apartments - Question

I'd imagine you could hire one at reception John, depending on price of course.

Oh, off topic, we're heading back to Alcudia again 2nd July for 10 nights, not the Condes Hotel though, Siesta Apartments along the Bellevue area, doin self-catering this time. Shame you won't be out there this year, had some laughs!

Back on Playa del Ingles..i'm sure you'll enjoy it there, plenty going on. Found some good entertainment when we went back there again last October, enjoy mate. (jealous not!) ;)

London, United...
Level Contributor
539 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa del Sol Apartments - Question

Hi Keith

As I said before, I'll have to see what the temps like when I get out there. We are only there for 6 nights so I might just put up with it.

Off topic, I wouldn't be able to make Alcudia when you are there as it is still in school term time. I might just be able to make a short break there at the end of July. Will miss your company this year, had a right old bubble last year - LOL.

Looking forward to Gran Canaria and PDI for the first time even though it is only for a short break, at least it will be a "taster".

Cheers! John (finkfloydman)

5. Re: Playa del Sol Apartments - Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Ingles
Recent Conversations