We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis from Reina Sophia airport???

london
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxis from Reina Sophia airport???

Hi Guys,

I just wondered if any of you lovely people could help me? I have just booked a week at La Siesta hotel in Las Americas, and for the first time ever, I decided to book directly with the hotel and get my own flights because of how much money you can save! (we saved over £400!)The only thing is, this leaves us without a transfer from the airport to hotel. I don't think this will be a problem as they are so close to each other, but I have always had a coach transfer in the past and never noticed any taxis at the airport. I wondered if there are plenty of taxis there that you can just get in to, or if I should try and book something in advance??

Also it will be my first time at La Siesta. Has anybody been there?? Thanks :)

larne,ni
Level Contributor
249 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis from Reina Sophia airport???

no problems with taxis ,loads outside terminal to the right , will cost 20euro approx

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,847 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis from Reina Sophia airport???

Will you see a taxi, there will be loads of them outside.

No problems.

Great choice of hotel in a fantastic location.

here is link to your hotel it's a video

holidays-captured.co.uk/hotel_videos/la_sies…

manchester
Level Contributor
644 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis from Reina Sophia airport???

plenty of taxis right outside arrivals..prices are listed on a biggish post outside..should be around 20 euros..

look for the man with bright yellow jacket with taxi written on it..he will get you one if non there..

sorry not been to la siesta but should be loads on here about it..it looks very nice from the outside..its right in the middle of everything with tons of places to eat and drink on your doorstep..

manchester
Level Contributor
644 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxis from Reina Sophia airport???

dont forget if someone asks you are you english/british..

ignore them they are timeshare touts..

same applies if they ask are you going to the market..

london
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxis from Reina Sophia airport???

Thanks Everybody... That is really helpful, at least I dont have to worry about booking one now!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
314 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxis from Reina Sophia airport???

Ive been to this hotel every year for the last seven years so that speaks for itself , in fact going again in November.

Ive always gone through travel agent but might try booking myself if I can save £400.........presumably you book flights first then search for hotels?

L

london
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxis from Reina Sophia airport???

Hi 123leeds....

Basicly I went to www.hotellasiestatenerife.com which is the hotels website. There is a 'check room rates' box on the home page where you can type in your room requirements and dates of stay. It will show you how many rooms are avalible, and how much they are. The other good thing (for me anyway!) is that if you decide to book you only have to pay about 15% through central reservations, and you can pay the balance on arrival/departure. Before booking I searched for the cheapest flights, and found return flights with monarch for 2 adults for £276. The room was £485 for 7 nights half board for the 2 of us, so all in all it cost about £760 for 2 adults. £800 with travel insurance! I think this is a really good price as we are going at quite a busy time just between Easter and the school holidays and the hotel is full now! I only booked earlier this week so I was just in time! I was going to book with first choice or thompson originally but it was about £650 each for the same dates on the same board basis! I hope this is of some help to you, please get back to me with any more qu's.

As you have been to La siesta so many times, wondered if you could just help me with a couple of things?! Is there a kettle in the room or should I get a travel one? Is there a hair dryer in the room? One review said you have to pay 5 euros a day? And have you used the spa?? Also is it correct that you can swap dinner for lunch when you are on h.b and eat out in the evening?

Thanks! :)

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
314 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxis from Reina Sophia airport???

Hiya bob

There are no kettles in the rooms( I dont think any hotels in Tenerife provide them) but there are plenty of sockets if you want to take your own kettle.

Yes there are hairdryers in the bathroom which are fastened to the wall and we find them more than adequate ..... and they are free to use.

Yes you can swap dinner/lunch as long as you notify reception the day before.

We have not used the spa but have had a look inside and it looks quite good. If you have booked an Alexandre Room (eg room overlooking the pool with dressing gowns , slippers, fruit, upmarket shower gels etc etc)which are obviously dearer rooms ,I believe you get free use of the spa for so many hours.

Sometimes you can upgrade to these rooms when you check in cheaper than booking in advance.

You have to pay, at reception, for the use of the in-room safe (including a refundable deposit) and also if you wish to use the in-room mini bar you have to pay for a key at reception(including a refundable deposit).However the payment includes the cost of all of the contents of the mini bar eg a few beers, soft drinks,water , peanuts etc etc and we always use this facility as we like to store our own water in the mini bar.

I think the total cost of mini bar/ safe is approx £24.

We find the cheapest place to change our pounds is in the exchange up the stairs , next to the Chinese Restaurant, in the Shopping centre which is found by turning right and right again when you come out of the hotel.

hope you find this useful

enjoy

london
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxis from Reina Sophia airport???

Thanks 123.... Thats all very helpful, you are most kind!

10. Re: Taxis from Reina Sophia airport???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 03:18
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas