We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is playa de las americas a place for couples to go ??

london
1 post
Save Topic
is playa de las americas a place for couples to go ??

I was just wondering if this place is very lively as me and my boyfriend want something relaxing and not to lively ??

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,245 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is playa de las americas a place for couples to go ??

You should aim for Costa Adeje then as opposed to PDLA. Adeje is the upmarket area, 5 star hotels, peace and quiet but within walking distance of PDLA. Upmarket designer shops close by and loads of restaurants.

manchester
Level Contributor
644 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is playa de las americas a place for couples to go ??

its very lively if you want to go to veronicas or starco

but there are lots of quieter places as well

manchester
Level Contributor
644 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is playa de las americas a place for couples to go ??

we are a couple in our 50's and go 2 or 3 times a year and always have a relaxing time

wales
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: is playa de las americas a place for couples to go ??

Costa Adeje is more for couples but its a 10-15 min walk to PLDA if you want a lively night out.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,350 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is playa de las americas a place for couples to go ??

Playa de las Americas is whatever you want it to be.

It will cater for the rowdy lager lout who wants cheap drink, wide screen TV and nightclubs that don’t close until 6 in the morning. It also caters very well for the discerning tourist who is looking for chic surroundings, while sipping a cocktail and listening to wonderful music.

You have to choose your area and it is very simple. Stay away from Veronicas and Starco (a very small area) if you want to experience a wonderful peaceful holiday and perhaps throw in a round or two of golf. Choose that area if you want to fall over the bare-chested lobster parading tourist falling from one bar to the next.

The name of Playa de las Americas is confusing because it covers several areas. These are Playa itself which starts where Los Cristianos ends, then moving further west San Eugenio and Puerto Colon, Torviscas and Fanabe, Costa Adeje always used to be PdlA until the marketing men decided it would have it’s own identify but in reality all of these places just run from one to another and unless you know the dividing line you cannot tell the difference.

Have a look at the maps on www.eurosol.com Stay away from the Veronicas and Starco areas on Map 2. So from the roundabout that you see along the front to somewhere near the Gran Tinerfe Hotel.

I don’t know how true it is but locals say that Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton stayed at the first hotel as it happens the Gran Tinerfe that was built in the purpose built resort. Not realising that Taylor is English and Burton is Welsh, the islanders named Playa de las Americas after these "American" movie stars

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is playa de las americas a place for couples to go ??

I agree with everything Aquilas says. Perhaps you could read the reviews on the Europe Villa Cortes, the are some great hotels, restaurants and shopping in PDLA

L

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,260 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is playa de las americas a place for couples to go ??

You could maybe look at the parque santiago area of las americas

it is a bit more livelier than costa adeje, and it has the excellent safarri shopping center, which has some great bars here.

then at the back of here you have the strip, a row of bars that caters for all different people.

I'm 42 and me and hubby have been going for over 20 years, infact we have timeshare just opposit veronicas, and you wouldn't know it.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
573 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is playa de las americas a place for couples to go ??

Great place for couples we both in our 50s @ return year after year you can have it as loud,noisy or Quiet @ relaxing as you want we always enjoy

ANGIE

wales
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: is playa de las americas a place for couples to go ??

bouganville playa 4* half board i would recommned

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
403 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: is playa de las americas a place for couples to go ??

pdla is a lovely place for a couples holiday. My husband and I are now both in our fifties and we visit at least twice a year. It has become our favourite "couples" holiday destination since our two chidren flew the nest a few years ago.

We have stayed in many hotels and apartments, but our favourite by far in the hotel vulcano. If you see a child whilst staying there it will be most unusual.

If you prefer apartments I would suggest parque santiago 3 or 4, or colon II.

I am sure you will not be disappointed in pdla.

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas