We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for singles travelling to Playa de las Americas

Hale Cheshire
3 posts
Save Topic
Ideas for singles travelling to Playa de las Americas

I'm going to Las Amercas, Tenerife, mid September 08.

and would like some help & ideas on where to visit as a single person in her early fifties. I'm staying at the Vulcano Hotel, which I've been to before. Its mainly in the evening that I need ideas in where to go. I don't drink but like the atmosphere in some bars, but not the young trendy ones, ones I will feel comfortable in with my age etc. I am debating whether to take along a laptop or DVD player for ammusement. I don't need to eat in the evening as the Hotel will take care of that. I'm extremely young at heart, and don't look my age, so fitting in with a younger set wouldn't bother me, rather that than the more mature end. I'm also a big football fan & hope to catch a couple of matches whilst out there. If anyone has any ideas of things & places I could visit whilst out there. Thanking you all in anticipation, Cheers Sue

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,394 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas for singles travelling to Playa de las Americas

hi sue and welcome to the forum

1st you have chosen a good hotel in a good location.

take a look here

http://www.eurosol.com/map_p3.htm and you will see the location of your hotel.

Right nights out, there are quite a few that you could do and you would be fine alone and fit in well.

1st just behind your hotel is a strip of bars, come out of the vulcano turn right, and walk down the path between the vulcano and the andorra hotel, ust before the end of the path on your left, is a strip of bars

corner bar

brahams and liste

hold in the wall

coconut joes

soul suite plus more

most have evening entertainment on, and the acts that are on are advertised outside each night, so you could have a look and decide on seeing an act, most only start around 10.00pm, so you'd not have to get in here early.

walk down the same path but continue to the end, you will come to the road, and on that road is the safari shopping center, above this is some nice upmarket bars, you could take a visit to one of these and have a drink and watch the dancing fountains.

The wigan pier is a good night out, this is opposit the gala hotel, you could walk it there ok on your own at around 9.00pm but i would get a taxi back later on, and murphys irish bar nextdoor is good.

I'm 42 and i visit the above areas and bars in tenerife, so they should be fine for you.

There are loads of bars in and around the area where you are staying that will do football on the large screen, it's probably best to have a walk round one day and get your bearings and have a look at the pubs that take your fancy.

during the day you could come out of the hotel and walk to the bottom of the road, to the sea, turning left and and 20 min walk will take you to los cristianos.

turning right and walking along the coastal path for about 30 mins and you will come to puerto colon.

good luck and i hope that you enjoy your holiday, keep us informed.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
314 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas for singles travelling to Playa de las Americas

Hello Sue

Although you mention you have stayed at the Vulcano before I just wondered if you knew they had a very big screen in the room at the end of the bar/lounge which showed english football, we were there in April and watched the Toon play !

Again you are probably aware of the Spring Hotel discount card which can be used in any of their hotels so we often walked to Los C , as mentioned by Lenny, and used our Spring Card in the Arona Gran for drinks , even coffee, on the sun terrace whilst relaxing looking over the bay before walking back to Vulcano

L

3. Re: Ideas for singles travelling to Playa de las Americas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 17:30
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas