We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Star Of Asia now the Bombay Blue?

Liverpool, England
Destination Expert
for St. Pete Beach
Level Contributor
2,155 posts
421 reviews
Save Topic
Is the Star Of Asia now the Bombay Blue?

Does anyone know? I am still in dispute with the Star Of Asia as they charged us twice for the same meal, I have just read a review which mentions the "Bombay Blue" charged 4 times for the same meal.

Is this the same restaurant?

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,470 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the Star Of Asia now the Bombay Blue?

Hi Glamourpuss

No, the Bombay Blue is the old Maria Bonito which is next door to Harry´s Bar - Star of Asia is the next block along. However I don´t know if the owners are the same for both.

Liverpool, England
Destination Expert
for St. Pete Beach
Level Contributor
2,155 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the Star Of Asia now the Bombay Blue?

Thanks Aquilas

It seems to be a worrying trend!

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the Star Of Asia now the Bombay Blue?

Never had a problem before with a credit card but you can't be too careful can you?

Let us know Glamourpuss if you get it sorted, I'm sure you will.

Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the Star Of Asia now the Bombay Blue?

They are different places. Have never payed with a card as you can get ripped off 3 times it seems, once by the restaraunt, once by your banks fee's, and again by the imposed exchange rate.

Cash is where its at.

5. Re: Is the Star Of Asia now the Bombay Blue?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas