We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

charges for being over luggage allowance.

Dumfries
Level Contributor
375 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
charges for being over luggage allowance.

Last year on return flight from Tenerife to Glasgow everyone on Thomas cook flight who was over their baggage allowance was charged the excess which was 11 euros per kg.They wouldn't give you your boarding card until it was paid.I'm just back from Cyprus and paid Thomsons £35 for an extra 10kgs(50 kgs total)

I am coming to Tenerife in september and my wife asked me to increase baggage by 5kg to 45 kgs between us.Thomas Cook charged me £70 for this,so for half the weight and double the cost I make out TC is charging 4 times what Thomsons paid.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: charges for being over luggage allowance.

Jet2 had pulled out of the Belfast-Tenerife route a while back there, don't know why, but good to see that they're back again although they don't seem to be as cheap as they were before.

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,636 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: charges for being over luggage allowance.

Leeds ...my Hubby got weighed once with Monarch ! true ! I'm not joking.....It was a long time ago ...we were flying to Sicily...she asked us to put our luggage to be weighed, and then turned to hubby .."will you get on the scales now"....only him not me or the children...."is that normal" said hubby.... "yes" she said "with this plane" ...!!!

Sylla

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,542 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: charges for being over luggage allowance.

That's incredible sylla! Maybe it would be a good idea,it might be a better incentive for me than weight watchers!

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,636 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: charges for being over luggage allowance.

Now there's an idea ANTRIM...!!!!

Sylla

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
308 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: charges for being over luggage allowance.

You can now buy scales, which look a bit like fishermans scales, from Wilko's and they're only £6. They also have a tape measure which means you can check the dimension of you hand luggage to be completly on the safe side!

Robbos

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: charges for being over luggage allowance.

Hi

well if you cant manage with 25kgs each 20+5 then you are not trying ! ..... have a look at NCL Trotters posting re credit crunch trip

L

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,636 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: charges for being over luggage allowance.

Oh! come on Leeds !!!!you know what we ladies are like LOL ! 20 pairs of shoes at the least!...and then there is the hand bags to match...Trotters is a male, we can't go by his very "good" advice !

Serious though, when I see some luggage at baggage collection, they are enormous, no way are they under 20Kg....compared to my case which is really quite small....unless of course they are almost empty, but the way they lift them, I think not ....

Sylla

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: charges for being over luggage allowance.

Just a thought - is it cheaper to post books (and the suntan lotion perhaps?) to the hotel you'll be staying at?

belfast
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: charges for being over luggage allowance.

buy ur own weight so u can do it urself before u go to the airport they only cost £4

arbroath, scotland
Level Contributor
492 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: charges for being over luggage allowance.

Lets face it don't we all usually bring home a full case of clean clothes that we have not worn???? Time to rethink packing strategy..lol.

Even Me and hubby can now get there and back without excess charges and that's a feat in it's self believe me.

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas