We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling with food.

Which Playa de las Americas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tranent, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling with food.

Im heading to PDLA in May and traveling later in the day, so when i arrive the shops will be closed.

Will it ok to pack a couple of pizza's in my suitcase to cook when i arrive? Not sure if there are any laws about this?

Any info will be great!! xxx

larne,ni
Level Contributor
249 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling with food.

no problem, we took proper bacon with us.

Cockermouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa de las Americas, Cockermouth
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling with food.

depends where in PDLA you are going....there is a few 24h supermarkets about

dublin
Level Contributor
350 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling with food.

We took bacon , sausages , ham etc. Got through fine but depends on the airline.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling with food.

You do have to be careful with uncooked food stuffs ,put them in your case not your hand luggage , if your searched it maybe taken from you

Tranent, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling with food.

Thanks guys, all this is really helpfull!! :)

Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling with food.

Personally I think its a daft idea to transport perishable foodstuff in a suitcase. It is going to be out of refrigeration for an extended period of time and that is the sort of thing which can cause food poisoning! If you absolutely must - make sure that there is no meat on the pizzas.

Nelly

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,574 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traveling with food.

I agree Nelly ...with all this sickness going about at the moment it's another hazard, we don't know which is norovirus and which is food poisoning ...I didn't think you were allowed to take meat products.....

Sylla

achill
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Traveling with food.

You will always find some where to get some thing to eat late,fish and chip shop,pizza place,you can even get a takeaway delivered to your apartment.

Edited: 26 January 2010, 21:30
arbroath, scotland
Level Contributor
487 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Traveling with food.

We used to do this many many many years ago when self catering. But as most people have said you will find somewhere to get something to eat no matter what time you arrive.

Why waste suitcase space on food...lol.

10. Re: Traveling with food.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2010, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas