We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Re: Hotels

Which Playa de las Americas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
eire
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Topic
Re: Hotels

I am going to Tenerife the 1st week in May. I am hoping to stay in an area not too close to the main strip but close enough to nice restaurants and bars. I have narrowed down my search to Villa Cortes,Siesta or Mediterranean Palace. I was wondering if anyone had advice on any of these hotels or if they would recommend any others. I would be grateful for any advice.Thanks so much.

Cockermouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa de las Americas, Cockermouth
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Re: Hotels

bouganville comes out good as does iberostar torviscas playa.

also guayamina & bahia princess are close to good restaurants and bars but walkable to the strip if u wish

map of torvicas area hotels here

http://www.eurosol.com/map_p1.htm

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,980 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Re: Hotels

Without a doubt for me it would be Europa Villa Cortes, I´m hoping to go there later this year to celebrate a special wedding anniversary. If Jennifer Lopez can stay there, it must be good.

eire
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Re: Hotels

oh great thanks a million!will prob go for just the standard room tho as the seaview is out of our budget. Do you know if rooms are still as good even without view?

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Re: Hotels

For me there would be only one hotel to go to .... the newly refurbished Sir Anthony without doubt the best in the area.

The Villa Cortes is too dark and dingy inside for our liking, La Siesta and Mediterranean Palace are good but Sir Anthony outstanding.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,247 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Re: Hotels

Agree with 123 Leeds.

If you stay at Sir Anthony you will be treated like a princess ....... although you will pay for the privilege!

Teesside
Level Contributor
376 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Re: Hotels

I can recommend the Vulcano Hotel, good food, comfortable rooms, decent entertainment and very near to bars and restaurants.

peterborough
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Re: Hotels

annie,i just got back last week from playa de las americas.we stayed in a brilliant hotel called las dalias.its about a 10 min walk from the strip with lots of shops and bars nearby.lovely hotel great food.we did all inc and loved it good luck enjoy your trip jed

Barcelona
Level Contributor
210 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Re: Hotels

Hi Annie

I've been in Med Palace. Ambiance is great, and the people working there are great. You must see the grease show. All the people dancing are hotel staff!!!!

Newcastle
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Re: Hotels

If I had the cash I'd book the Sir Anthony tomorrow. For a more realistic budget, I'd go for the Vulcano, Bitacora and La Siesta, in that order.

10. Re: Re: Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2010, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas