We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

will i need a brolly?

essex
Level Contributor
113 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
will i need a brolly?

Coming to PDLA on Friday, am i going to need to pack more than my usual cardi for the evening???

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
412 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: will i need a brolly?

We go every winter, either in December, January or February. There has never yet been a time in over 20 years when we have not used our brolly. Always take packamacs now as well.

Sorry!!!!

West Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: will i need a brolly?

We just got back from Fuerteventura - and I had the worst weather I have ever experienced in the Canaries. However, lI think that the storms were exceptional and the weather seems to have ;picked up since then.

i just had a quick look at the forecast - looks mostly fine, one day says showers....

It will still be warmer and drier than here though - and you will be on hols after all - relaxing,, eating, drinking...

have a great time - don't worry about the weather - there isn't anything you can do about it. Pack well.

Anne x

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: will i need a brolly?

You shouldn´t need more than a cardi or light jacket in the evening. I´m outside and am ample warm enough in cotton trousers and long sleeved T shirty top.

A brolly would be a good idea though just in case as the weather has been rather inconsistent since the end of January.

Tenerife, Spain
Destination Expert
for Tenerife, Los Cristianos
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: will i need a brolly?

It might be an idea to bring one to keep the sun off of you!

east coast
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: will i need a brolly?

Reports from friends and family today that live in tenerife is the weather has know returned to a bit of normality ,so fingers crossed

Tenerife, Spain
Destination Expert
for Tenerife, Los Cristianos
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: will i need a brolly?

Yes, it's fantastic at the moment. Hopefully, that's the end of the winter storms.

east coast
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: will i need a brolly?

Sorry all just read on another forum that high winds are expected over mainland spain and the canaries this weekend ,also just had call from a friend returning today that the french flight control are in strike action mode AGAIN ,Not sure if its a one off

arbroath, scotland
Level Contributor
492 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: will i need a brolly?

There were lots of delayed flights yesterday (not ours thankfully) and we couldn't understand why now we now.

east coast
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: will i need a brolly?

Apparently on her arrival at the monarch cheque in a card was passed down the line (thats curteious NOT) about the delay problems ,though she did contact me to say theres was only 3/4 hour delay .but we all know how things progress

10. Re: will i need a brolly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas